• Social Media plays a major role in generating Leads, increasing
the Interest and Creating Trust in the brand through recommendations.
• Social Media is the perfect channel to stimulate recommendations.
• Social Media is used through consumers to find relevant product
information and recommendation of others.
• Social Media helps to keep the fans updated with news,
product launches and the ideas of other fans.
• 92% of the customers trust family and friends and 47% trust
advertisement on TV.
• Social Media helps getting recommendations.
• Customer generated content is dominating the web.
• Facebook posts are little touch points that can make all the
difference in staying top-of-mind with prospects.
is Good For Engaging
Why would you use ?
People interact with FB much more than other social networks
likes a brand because they
58%are already a customer
Most interact with brands just
by reading the posts and newsfeeds
Companies use for
• Enter into dialogue with customers
• Answer specific questions of users of their product
• Improve their brand awareness
• To create brand ambassadors
• To show their expertise ( Thought Leadership)
Before you start with
• Make a decision about your Social Media strategy
• Know your customer by developing a buyer persona
( visualisation of your customer)
• A consumer needs interesting content to stays involved in the page
• Prepare 30 messages ( relevant content, funny video’s/ pictures, product
• Study website analytics ( which keywords are searched, which information is
• Think big, start small
What do you need on your page?
Edgerank determines who will see your message, dependent
on likes, comments and shares. So you need:
• Inspiring content
• Relevant content
• Video’s with brief and punchy messages and product tutorials or funny/
emotional content (videos are relevant for a higher commitment and
• Pictures of products, events, experience, product actions and with
funny/cute pets. (Pictures are higher rated as content. 20% of all the
content needs to be a picture)
• Relevant links to informative web pages
So this how
Key Performance Indicators
KPI’s can be put on:
• Number of Likes
• IPM ( interaction per 1000 fans)
• Number of reactions on a post
• Number of shares of a post
It is all about the engagement with the fans!
Starting with Social Media means also web care because:
• Consumers are getting more critical and they want an immediate
answer on their questions.
• 70% of the customers, who write an negative post on FB expect a
reaction. Only 38% of the companies respond.
• After a quick and effective reaction, consumers tend to recommend
this company later on.
• Surprise the consumer by your reaction and do it personally
A small group of product users could affect a large group of potential users.
• Use pictures with enough resolution ( 650x 650 pixels)
• Shorten your text for a more effective message
• Create a holistic experience that matches the brand
• What really matters is having a social presence, showing your personality
• Integrate FB with
• Focus on your most active fan’s ( only 1- 10% of your fan’s)
• Show the world that you are around with Facebook advertisements
• Give marketing campaigns such personality that your prospects want to
share it with their friends.
• Entertain them. Delight them
• Be up to date with fresh timely content
• Post should be written in the first person using a conversational tone
• Humanize your business
• Connect with customers to foster a two way dialogue
• Direct conversations with customers will cascade with their network
• Enable the crowds help with questions you have
• Foster the worth of mouth through FB, promoting advocacy is an
• Get them to sign up for a Webinar by offering valuable content about
All the information must be in line with your value proposition.
• Don’t make the mistake of “selling” to them
• Don’t use logo’s in the pictures
• 80% of the content should be informative and entertaining and only
20% should be about the brand or products.
Which content to use (1)
• Quotes; people like quotes of the brand
• Bold statements, where fans can discuss amongst themselves
whether or not they agree
• Use it as a market research tool. “this versus that”. Quick
way to poll the fans on their preferences
• A “fill in the blanks post” requires less effort but a big
uptakefrom the easily distracted FB user
• Use a “friend tagger”, show them a picture where they can
tag their friends ( Which dog looks like your friend?)
• Award a “featured friend”, an easy way to showcase your
advocates and encourage others to be more involved
• Ask your fans to like you on your default landing page
• Post 3 images to a gallery in sequences for a simple trick
• People have connected because they liked the brand, so
you can be “ product proud” but only in a creative way and
with contextual relevance to peoples life.
• Social goes about quality and not quantity, so appeal to
your core fan base
• Don’t repeat your successful posts
• FB is an excellent home for free giveaways or consumer
Which content to use (1)
Use of VIDEOS
• and video’s are 4 times as much shared as
other video’s ( good integration with and )
• video’s are shorter than and get a higher
• and video’s are easy to look with 3G internet
• People don’t expect fancy video’s from a 6-15 sec. movie
• Post nice video bytes of events, fairs, user conferences,
product usage and the making off.
How to engage
• Invite all your friends, existing customers and companies
• Share your FB site
• Offline promotion of the site through posters, advertisements etc
• Create a like box on your website
• Integrate your FB link in your emails and newsletters
• Start a FB campaign
• Create good content
• Engage consumers with content, prices, to show affection with
the brand and latest news
• Share your FB page with interesting FB groups
• Advertise on FB
• Use FB app’s
Value proposition through the
Golden Circle Model
What: Products, Services, Tactics
Positioning, Strategy, Process, Orga
Why: Mission, Vision, StrategyStart with the WHY!
: “Give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.”
: “Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
Instead of showing how good
you are, show them your
experience. This is good for
trust and authority. (
Advertising is old
14% of the people trust
advertisements. So we have
to think about other ways to
get a connection with our
prospects and clients
We want to influence more
target groups on different
To be different
Google loves content. The
more content the higher
Good content is good for
traffic to the website. This
is the cheapest web traffic
Content is an easy bridge
for sales to their clients
Content is easy to share
and with great coverage as
• Publish a blog
• Publish your
• Upload video
• Write articles
or stories and
s of products
• Comment on
• Contribute to
in a wiki
• Use RSS
• Vote for Web
• Add “tags” to
Web pages or
profile on a
• Visit social
• Reads blogs
• Listen to
• Watch video
from other users
• Read online
• Read customer
• Reads tweets
• None of the
Who joins ?
Buttons of Activation