Students As Champions And Digital Leaders

726 views
683 views

Published on

A brief outline of how we have connected Gen Yes with the development of our VLE and our attempts to address student aspirations in ICT.

Published in: Education
1 Comment
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
726
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
9
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
8
Comments
1
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Strategic implementation
  • Students As Champions And Digital Leaders

    1. 1. Students as Champions and Digital Leaders Kristian Still - Director of E-Learning @ Hamble Community Sports College
    2. 2. Gen Yes Concept Digital Leaders in Action CPD delivered by Digital Leaders
    3. 3. ‘ Students make up about 92% of people in attendance in any school. Most technology plans focus on the role of the other 8% (teachers, administrators, adult technical support staff). This is especially unbalanced given the fact that today’s students are increasingly savvy about the role technology plays in modern life.’ Gen Yes http://www.genyes.com/
    4. 4. <ul><li>Practitioner foundations </li></ul><ul><li>11 years experience </li></ul><ul><li>50,000 teachers surveyed </li></ul><ul><li>‘ 82% of teachers reported that the GenYES experience will change the way they teach in the future.’ </li></ul>Gen Yes
    5. 5. <ul><li>Turning the Tables -- Students Teach Teachers </li></ul><ul><li>Students creating resources for their learning </li></ul><ul><li>Students supporting teachers and ICT crisis management </li></ul><ul><li>GenYes offer a range of FREE resources (website, blog, articles and videos). </li></ul>Gen Yes
    6. 6. <ul><li>Turning the Tables -- Students Teach Teachers </li></ul><ul><li>Students creating resources for their learning </li></ul><ul><li>Students supporting teachers and ICT crisis management </li></ul><ul><li>GenYes offer a range of FREE resources (website, blog, articles and videos). </li></ul>Gen Yes
    7. 7. Digital Leaders in Action
    8. 8. Digital Leaders in Action <ul><li>All applicants were interviewed 17 were successful, 4 are pending. </li></ul><ul><li>DLs meet every Wednesday for 1hr as part of the Digital Media and Gaming Club but also collaborate online via the VLE almost everyday. </li></ul><ul><li>Most VLE decisions are discuss with the DLs, for example the DLs and ‘Student Voice,’ were consulted branding of the VLE. </li></ul>
    9. 9. Digital Leaders in Action Digital Leaders have already highlighted a number of VLE loopholes, these have been ‘patched,’ and they continue to offer excellent suggestions. Digital Leaders are now entering their training phase, to raise the profile of the DLs we are investing in an off-site training day. We are also looking at specialist training opportunities for the Digital Leaders
    10. 10. CPD delivered by Digital Leaders <ul><li>Digital Leaders are due to support the delivery of three CPD events </li></ul><ul><li>The whole school introduction to Skoogle </li></ul><ul><li>SIP staff 1 to 1 session </li></ul><ul><li>Departmental VLE sessions </li></ul><ul><li>Further to these two events we hope that Digital Leaders will support staff on a formal and informal basis in the future. </li></ul>
    11. 11. http://delicious.com/kristianstill Kristian Still - Director of E-Learning @ Hamble Community Sports College http://kristianstill.wordpress.com

    ×