Be the first to like this
Display prepared for the Friends of Priestley House. George Gilbert Pond, a longtime and legendary professor of chemistry at Penn State, saved Priestley House from destruction by purchasing it at an auction in 1919. Since then, Penn State chemists have played a role in ensuring its long term preservation. Graphic design by Anthony Cianchetta. Photos courtesy of the Penn State University Archives and the Friends of Priestley House.