2. FESTIVAL GALORE BALARAMA POORNIMA 16 TH AUGUST JHULAN YATRA 12 TH - 16 TH AUGUST KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI 23 RD / 24 TH AUGUST RADHASHTAMI 8 TH SEPTEMBER VYASA POOJA 25 TH AUGUST
3. BACKGROUND <ul><li>Lord Brahma steals Gopas & Calves </li></ul><ul><li>Lord Krishna expands for a year </li></ul><ul><li>Brahma’s bewilderment </li></ul><ul><li>Krishna’s mercy </li></ul>
4. CHAPTER 14 PRAYERS OFFERED BY LORD BRAHMA TO LORD KRISHNA
5. KRISHNA’S POSITION & PRAYERS Krishna the only worshipful Supreme Lord Pleased by humble prayers (uttamashloka) Offers obeisances (vandanam) The Lord’s bodily features
6. <ul><ul><li>meghashyAmala komalAngo </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>King Kulasekhara (MukundamAlA) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>GHANASHYAMA </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>SHYAMASUNDARA </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>pitAmbara </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Yellow Silk Garments </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>silver electric aura </li></ul></ul>THE LORD’S SPIRITUAL FORM
7. BRAHMA SAMHITA 5.30 venum kvanantam aravinda-dalayatAksham barhAvatamsam asitAmbuda-sundarAngam kandarpa-koti-kamanIya-vishesha-shObham govindam Adi-purusham tam aham bhajAmi I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who is adept in playing on His flute, with blooming eyes like lotus petals with head decked with peacock's feather, with the figure of beauty tinged with the hue of blue clouds, and His unique loveliness charming millions of Cupids.
8. <ul><li>Lord’s features </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Conchshell </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Earrings </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>peacock feather on head </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>wearing helmet </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>forest flower garlands (vanamAlA) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>morsel of food in left hand </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>cane & bugle, buffalo horn and flute </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>small lotus feet </li></ul></ul>OBEISANCES TO NANDAKUMARA
9. <ul><li>BRAHMA </li></ul><ul><li>Master of all Vedic knowledge – Adikavi </li></ul><ul><li>creator of THIS universe (secondary creation) </li></ul><ul><li>Unable to understand Krishna’s personality </li></ul><ul><li>achintya rupam </li></ul><ul><li>An uneducated village boy? </li></ul><ul><li>The Lord’s Body is not Material </li></ul>BRAHMA’S HUMILITY
10. BHAGAVAD GITA 8.9 kaviṁ purāṇam anuśāsitāram aṇor aṇīyāṁsam anusmared yaḥ sarvasya dhātāram acintya-rūpam āditya-varṇaṁ tamasaḥ parastāt One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, as He who is the oldest, who is the controller, who is smaller than the smallest, who is the maintainer of everything, who is beyond all material conception, who is inconceivable, and who is always a person. He is luminous like the sun and, being transcendental, is beyond this material nature.
11. BRAHMA SAMHITA 5.32 angani yasya sakalendriya-vrtti-manti pasyanti panti kalayanti ciram jaganti ananda-cinmaya-sad-ujjvala-vigrahasya govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, whose transcendental form is full of bliss, truth, substantiality and is thus full of the most dazzling splendor. Each of the limbs of that transcendental figure possesses in Himself, the full-fledged functions of all the organs, and eternally sees, maintains and manifests the infinite universes, both spiritual and mundane.
12. For devotees’ benefit Offence mitigated by Mercy Transcendental Quality Paratvam & Soulabhyam Unable to estimate Lord’s transcendental personality & pastimes APPEARANCE AS COWHERD BOY
13. BHAGAVAD GITA 4.9 janma karma ca me divyam evam yo vetti tattvatah tyaktva deham punar janma naiti mam eti so 'rjuna One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.
14. jnAne prayAsam udapAsya namanta eva jIvanti san-mukharitAm bhavadIya vArtAm sthAne sthitAh shruti-gatAm tanu-vAn-manobhir ye prAyasho ‘jita jito ‘py asi tais tri-lokyAm Those who, even while remaining situated in their established social positions, throw away the process of speculative knowledge and with their body, words and mind offer all respects to descriptions of Your personality and activities, dedicating their lives to these narrations, which are vibrated by You personally and by Your pure devotees, certainly conquer Your Lordship, although You are otherwise unconquerable by anyone within the three worlds. SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM 10.14.3
15. Conquering The Unconquerable - Ajita Karma, Jnana & Bhakti Beating Empty Husk of Rice Paddy
16. SAMADHI Studying the cosmic nature Lord’s Qualities are uncountable
18. BRAHMA’S PRESUMPTION Testing Krishna Humbled Atomic Weapon vs Sun’s Energy Expansive Energy Brahma vs Krishna
19. Like a Little Child within the womb of his mother Entire Manifestation existing on the energy of the Lord Mother is never offended by the kicking of the child
20. BRAHMA SAMHITA 5.52 yac-chaksur esha savita sakala-grahana raja samasta-sura-murtir asesha-teja yasyajnaya bhramati sambhrita-kala-cakro govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami The sun, who is the king of all the planets, full of infinite effulgence, the image of the good soul, is the eye of this world. I adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, in pursuance of whose order the sun performs his journey, mounting the wheel of time.
21. BRAHMA’S ORIGIN Born from the lotus flower Lotus stem contains 3 planetary systems Bhurloka, Bhuvarloka, Svarloka Where is this lotus coming from?
22. NARAYANA - MEANING nAra – aggregate total of all jivas ayana – resting place NArAyana – He who is the resting place of all living creatures NArAyana – He who rests on the Garbhodaka Ocean
23. WHO IS ANANTA ? A PLENARY EXPANSION OF KRISHNA THE APPEARANCE OF ANANTA / BALARAMA
24. 1 BALARAMA IS THE SOURCE OF ALL OTHER EXPANSIONS KRISHNA FIRST EXPANDS AS BALARAMA