NAME- HARI KRISHNA
BATCH- C4 (2013-14)
ASSESSOR- MRS. LATHA DIWAKAR
GROUP - AGS
We are very thankful to our faculty Mrs “Latha
Diwakar” for her strong support and guidance is to preparing the
presentation on ‘customer relationship management service’
(CRM). I am not Able to prepare this presentation with out our
DEFINE CUSTOMER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.
DESCRIBE EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL CUSTOMER,
WITH EXAMPLES FROM THE PROJECT WORK.
IDENTIFY DIFFERENT TYPES OF EXTERNAL
CUSTOMER…..[ P ]
CUSTOMER SERVICE :-
• 1. General:
A party that receives or
consumes products (goods or
services) and has the ability to
choose between different
products and suppliers. See
• Customer service is the service
provided to customers before,
during and after purchasing
• 2. A person who buys goods or
services from a shop or business
is known as customer.
• There are two types of customers :• 1.) Internal customers
• 2.) External customers
• Internal customer :- Internal customer is known as workers in an organization
internal customers is a part of a business in a organization.
• Example :- From my project work I went to vijetha super market in that
market the billing section was very strict to check goods on delivery
• The sales persons are very helpful to searching the wanted goods
• The security department is very good to check all customers.
• External customer :- external customers are like as those people that actually
visiting or buy items or services coming from out sides is known as External
• Example from my project work :-
• We went to the vijatha super market as an external customer, we observed
a very hygienic and clean environment .
• They get lots of discount on goods for external customer.
• The sales people treated us very well & politely.
• The sales people are very enthusiastic.
• And whatever questions I asked to the sales people were answering
TYPES OF EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Loyal Customers: They represent no more than 20 percent of our customer base, but
make up more than 50 percent of our sales.
• Discount Customers: They shop our stores frequently, but make their decisions based
on the size of our markdowns.
• Impulse Customers: They do not have buying a particular item at the top of their “To
Do” list, but come into the store on a whim. They will purchase what seems good at
• Need-Based Customers: They have a specific intention to buy a particular type of
• Wandering Customers: They have no specific need or desire in mind when they come
into the store. Rather, they want a sense of experience and/or community.
DEMONSTRATE THE METHODS/STRATEGIES USED TO
IDENTIFY THE CUSTOMER NEED. ANALYZE AND DISCUSS
THE BASIC NEEDS OF A CUSTOMER AND PRESENT YOUR
FINDINGS ON THE SAME FROM THE PROJECT THAT YOU
HAVE DONE……[ M1 / M3 ]
• This is important to consider when evaluating the customer
loyalty strategies because in the customer service echochamber there is a lot of "hoo rah" about taking care of
customers, but little discussion on the business side of things.
• At Help Scout, we do things differently; we're all about
loving customers, but we also aim to prove that great
service is more than just the right thing to do-• it's also good business sense.
IDENTIFYING WHAT CUSTOMER
• There are different types of customers through which one can Identify
and confirm customer needs. Sales man will observation, active listening
to the customer, asking the customer about what they want
• Listen to the customer. Pay attention to their words to understand
• why exactly he is approaching you. For example, a customer who says,
"I am checking the brands for XYZ"
MAINLY CUSTOMER NEEDS
2. Understanding and empathy
5. Options and alternatives
8. speed is secondary to quality
I FINDING FROM MY PROJECT
• I fined some customers when I went to vijetha supper market.
• Some customers are seeing for discount items.
• Some customers are searching for offers like buy one get one.
• Some customers are seeing brands on products.
• I asked one of their customer Ravi what are you expecting from this market ?
then he said mainly I want good quality, discount & exiting offers on
particular items are brands.
IDENTIFY, ANALYSE THE BOTTLE NECK OF CUSTOMER PROBLEM AND
IMPLEMENTATION OF SOLUTIONS TO EXCEED THE CUSTOMER
EXPECTATIONS AND ENHANCE THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
CORRELATE CUSTOMER EXPECTATION. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
AND FURTHER, CUSTOMER DELIGHT IN THE PROCESS…HOW DO
YOU THINK CUSTOMER PERCEPTION IS RELATED TO SERVICE
EVALUATION ?[ M2/M3 ]
ANALYSE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION CUSTOMER DELIGHT AND
CUSTOMER RETENTION [ M2/M3 ]
HOW TO IDENTIFY BOTTLENECKS
OF A CUSTOMER
• Identifying bottlenecks Start with yourself. Is there a routine or situation
that regularly causes stress in your day? These frustrations can actually
be a significant indicator that a bottleneck exists somewhere.
FINDING THE BOTTLE NECK
• Flow Charts
• Example :- Use a flow chart to help you identify where bottlenecks are occurred.
• For example:
• Step 1 – Goods are manufactured at the factory.
• Step 2 – Goods are loaded onto the truck.
• Step 3 – The warehouse is notified about the truck's arrival time.
• Step 4 – The warehouse schedules a forklift for the expected arrival time.
• Step 5 – The truck arrives at the warehouse, and unloading starts.
• In this case, the delay occurred because Steps 3 and 4 were missing, and this led to
a long wait between Steps 2 and 5. Creating the flow chart before investigating the
problem would have helped you quickly see where your process broke down.
SOLUTION FOR THE CUSTOMER PROBLEM
• Be a good listener.
• Identify and anticipate their needs.
• Make customers feel important and appreciated.
• Help customers understand your technology in as simple a way as Appreciate the
power of "Yes".
• Know how and when to apologize.
• Give more than expected, and give the unexpected.
• Get regular feedback from your customers.
• Never forget that the customer pays our salary and makes your job possible.
• Treat staff well.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION &
• Customer satisfaction :- Customer
satisfaction mean providing service to the
• Customer expectation is the level of quality
and/or service wants before the commercial
interaction or transaction occurs. While
customer satisfaction is how the customer
feels after and regarding the interaction or
• Customer satisfaction is giving the customer
something they expect and it makes them
• Customer delight :Customer delight mean
providing service more
than an customers
• Customer delight is giving
the customer something
they never expected but
they value it highly once
PRINCIPALS OF CUSTOMER
SATISFACTION & DELIGHT
• customer Satisfaction & Delights are:
• Listening, understanding and responding to
Customers - often in unique and creative ways
• Setting concrete Standards of Service quality and
regularly measuring Performance against 100 %
• Selecting, training extensively in areas of knowledge
and skills to achieve service standards and rewarding
CUSTOMER PERCEPTION IS RELATED
TO SERVICE EVALUATION
• Customer perception of a service or product is determined by
his emotions and impressions.
• I think that customer perception is related to service evaluation why
because customer are so many but there expectation are same. LIKE
The place where goods are bought or consumed can have an
effect on the customers' perceptions about the value and
• Customer retention :- Cus-tomer reten-tion is a cost-effective and
prof-itable busi-ness strat-egy that is imper-a-tive in today's
com-pet-i-tive eco-nomic environment.
• By def-i-n-i-tion cus-tomer reten-tion is the activ-ity a com-pany
under-takes to pre-vent cus-tomers from defect-ing to
alter-na-tive com-pa-nies. Suc-cess-ful cus-tomer reten-tion starts
with the first con-tact and con-tin-ues through-out the entire
life-time of the relationship.
• Ben-e-fits of Cus-tomer Retention :• Increased rev-enue
• Lower cus-tomer acqui-si-tion costs
• Increased refer-rals
ASSESS THE DIFFERENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
THAT YOU NOTICED (EXTERNAL & INTERNAL)
DURING YOUR PROJECT. EVALUATE YOUR OWN
APTITUDE TOWARDS SERVING ANOTHER HUMAN
BEING. DEMONSTRATE THE CUSTOMER HANDLING
SKILLS WITH THE EXAMPLE IN RATHER MODEL
(RELIABILITY, ASSURANCE, TANGIBLES, EMPATHY &
External CUSTOMER :Miss pavithra she was works in 9 ceato company as HR and
she is regular to the vijatha super market and he said that he
was regular to this super market and also said that this
supermarket is very good and their response is very reasonable
and there taking care of customers is good. Since from 1 year
she visiting this supermarket…..
Internal customer :The internal customers are very enthusiastic
There are very well groomed……
There very helpful to customers
They said that they are satisfied with their jobs………..
• During the visit I noticed different customer service skills.
• As an external customer:-We went to the visit as an external customer.
First I noticed that the entrance procedure is very good .
• The salespeople are good they are treated very well and first they
great every customer.
• The sales people know how to interact with the customer.
• Sales people are very helpful they helped me to find my choice. I
could see different counters for different goods.
• As an internal customer:- The internal customers I noticed are very
enthusiastic. They are very well groomed . They are very helpful
people. They were looking very satisfied with their job.
EVALUATE YOUR OWN APTITUDE
TOWARDS SERVING ANOTHER HUMAN
• In the service industry good communication , helpful
personality , polite behaviour is very important . For the
customer service industry, I think I have a polite behaviour to
survive here. I have a helpful nature . I know how to interact
with the people.
• But, my only drawback is my lack of communication skills.
• I am trying to improve my communication skills so that I
become fit to be in this service industry.
IF YOU WERE IN THE PLACE OF THE SERVICE TO YOU
NOTICED IN THE PROJECT, HOW DIFFERENTLY
WOULD YOU RENDER SERVICE TO YOUR
CUSTOMER? WHAT CHANGES WOULD YOU TRY?
BRINGING IN AND HOW WOULD YOU IMPLEMENT
[ D2/D3 ]
• If I was in the place of the service provider I would firstly try to
give more benefits to my employees, so that they don’t feel that
all the benefits are only available to the customers and not to
• I would try to implement changes like promoting public relation
• Increase the advertising methods etc………
• I would see that rare forms of business personally seen in the
• And sending the discount offers to customers by through sms
• For staff I will train much more skills to interact with customers
• I would motivate my employees to perform better, keep good
conditions like available exchange offer, discounts, free samples,
HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE AN ANGRY
CUSTOMER? EXPLAIN WITH REASONS.
[ D2 ]
First of all I will listen the customer problem patiently.
Then clarifying the customer problem like as a customer.
Telling about the problem where it appears.
Apologising to the customer for the inconvenience.
I will try to understand the problem about to customer.
I will give a other option to solve the problem like giving exchange
option, more discount on goods, giving extra goods on exchanging
• I will sure finally 99.9% try to satisfy my customer.
FROM THE10 POINT BAROMETER
OF CUSTOMER PERCEPTION
When I visit vijeetha super market I fined some points from BAROMETER of
First of all the supermarket having so much of communication.
Security is good to prevent wrong works from outside customers
The market having Tangible to give confidence
Reliability to get things right first visit of customer
Understanding customer needs and concerns
Finally customer contact to service provider easily
They want to improve Responsiveness, Competence, Courtesy, Credibility.