The operation of wind farms emits no CO2 and on average can payback the emissions used during manufacturing in three to ten months
Wind energy production requires no water!
A 20 turbine wind farm in a square kilometer area will only use 1% of the surface area— the other 99% can be used for things like farming!
The average annual CO2 emissions of a single coal plant is equivalent to cutting down 161 million trees
A 500-megawatt coal plant draws an annual average of 2.2 billion gallons of water— enough water to supply a city of 250,000 people
Surface coal mining in West Virginia has destroyed forested areas equivalent to half the size of Rhode Island
Thanks to the Union of Concerned Scientists and RenewableUK for helping us with such great facts.
Why Wind? Example of destruction caused by Mountain Top Removal By changing to wind power, you as a consumer no longer support harmful practices. Go to www.ilovemountains.org to see how your power is sourced now to Pepco.