1. Creating a Slidecast using SlideShare CVCC – Fall 2009
2. To get started, you will need a presentation or document.
3. Go to the SlideShare web site, and login with your username andpassword, or select to Sign Up for a new account. http://www.slideshare.net
4. Once you’ve logged in, select Upload to begin uploadingpresentations and/or documents.
5. Click the Browse and select files button to locate your file.Notice that the maximum file size is 100 MB and the supportedformats are listed here as well.
6. Locate your file, and select Open.
7. Once the file has uploaded, you will have the opportunity to add thefile’s details. Enter a title, tags, and description. Then select acategory and privacy options. Once you’re finished, click Publish.
8. You’ll receive a message that the file is being converted and willpublish shortly. You can click the here link to view the status.Please note that sometimes this process takes a few minutes.
9. Once the file is finished publishing, you’ll see your presentationlisted under “My Uploads”. Click the presentation icon to view thesharable presentation.
10. You’ll be taken to a page with your published presentation. You canselect to view the slide show from here. You’ll also notice that atranscript is automatically created at the bottom of the page.
11. Next we will create the audio clip to make our presentation aSlideCast. If you do not have a transcript of your presentation, youcan use the one created here. Keep in mind that you may need tomake some minor modifications.
12. To begin, login to Blackboard and open any Blackboard site thatyou’re listed in as “instructor”. Go to any content area in the site.Make sure that you’re in “Edit View”.
13. Click the dropdown arrow next to Select and select VoiceRecorder. Click Go.
14. Using your transcript, click the red circle on the voice recorder tobegin recording. Record your entire transcript and then select stopwhen you’re finished. If you mess up, you can stop and then selectthe record button to record over the previous recording.
15. You can click the green arrow to preview the transcript. Onceyou’re happy, click the little box at the top, right-hand corner tosave the file. Select Save As, and then select .mp3 from thedropdown options for file type. Save the file to your local desktop.
16. Once you’ve saved the file, you can simply exit this page withoutsubmitting by clicking Cancel.
17. Go back to SlideShare, and then select the Add mp3 audio tocreate a SlideCast link.
18. Select Upload mp3 file… to browse for your local audio file.
19. Locate your audio clip and select Open.
20. To begin synchronizing your slides with your audio, click the play button and then pause the audioonce the audio for the first slide is complete. You will then drag the blue mark to the location wherethe audio ends, and select slide 2 to see a new blue mark. Repeat this process until you’ve finishedsynchronizing. The following link contains a video tutorial on how to synchronize:http://screencast.com/t/fSiw5J5iab
21. Once you’ve finished synchronizing your audio, click Save. Then select Previewsaved work to view the presentation with audio. If everything looks and sounds OK,select Save & Publish. If it doesn’t sound OK, then you can return to the timeline andcontinue editing.
22. Select the link to View Presentation.
23. There are a variety of ways to share your SlideCast. One way to share yourSlideCast in Blackboard would be to copy and paste the URL in your site asan External Link. Copy the URL
24. The second option is to select all of the Embed text and select to Copy thetext. Select All and Copy
25. Go to your Blackboard site and add an item. Enter a name, and then selectto Toggle HTML code. Paste the Embed code into the text box area. ClickSubmit.
26. Your SlideShare presentation will then appear in Blackboard as shownbelow.
27. Creating a Slidecast using SlideShare CVCC – Fall 2009