• Students will be able to summarize the history of social
media development and the current role social media tools
play in the field of communications.
• Students will be able to identify commonly used social
media platforms and describe their features.
• Students will be practice responsible, ethical and strategic
social media use.
• Students will be able to critically analyze social media
communication campaigns to identify best practices.
• Students will demonstrate their mastery of participatory
communication through the application of social media
tools, theory, and practice in both real world and
• Reading Quizzes (15% of grade)
• Ethics Assignment (15% of grade)
• Blogging Assignment (15% of grade)
• Mobile Media Assignment (15% of grade)
• Final Exam (20% of grade)
• Attendance and Participation (20% of grade)
• Note: The above schedule is intended to serve
as a general outline and it is subject to
change. Topics are tentative and may need to
be modified during the semester. Homework
and Project Assignments, Quizzes and Test
dates will be announced in advance.