Time for a more holistic approach to talent risk
- 516 views
Talent management consistently ranks among the top three concerns of the C-suite. Despite the increasing focus, research findings from the global talent risk survey reveal that many organizations take ...
Talent management consistently ranks among the top three concerns of the C-suite. Despite the increasing focus, research findings from the global talent risk survey reveal that many organizations take a narrow approach to talent risk management– one that is steadily weakening their organization’s competitiveness.
Conducted by KPMG International in partnership with research firm Brandon Hall Group, the survey reached out to more than 1,200 top management personnel across 54 countries to discover which talent risks are keeping them awake at night and which ones they’re working hardest to mitigate. In India, KPMG India solicited more than 150 CXOs, business and HR leaders who participated in the survey. This offered us a strong opportunity to reach out to the respondents with an India focused report.
The resulting report – Time for a more holistic approach to talent risk–India findings indicates that talent managers need to trade their current preoccupation with capacity and capability related talent risks in favor of a significantly broader, better-balanced and more holistic approach to talent management.
In detail, the report:
1. lists the talent risks that organizations are most and least worried about
2. shows which risks talent managers are working hardest to mitigate – and those they’re least likely to be managing
3. sheds light on the differing talent risk perceptions among HR leaders, business managers and executives
4. provides a picture of how the perception and mitigation of talent risk varies across seven industries viz.
• Business/Consulting services
• Consumer Goods & Retail
• Diversified Industrials (Aerospace, Defense Conglomerates and Automotive)
• Financial Services
• Infrastructure & Government Services
• Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology & Healthcare) and
• Technology, Media & Telecommunications.
Packed with commentary from our industry experts, our report offers an opportunity to help your contacts take a more comprehensively planned– and much more effective – approach to talent management.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views