2. ABSTRACT<br />Overview of cloud computing gives the basic concept, defines the terms used in the industry, and outlines the general architecture and applications of Cloud computing. It gives a summary of Cloud Computing and provides a good foundation for understanding.<br />
3. What is a cloud…..?<br /><ul><li>Infrastructure provided by the service provider to build internet application.
4. The service provided by cloud are categorize
5. Software As a Service
6. Infrastructure As a Service
7. Platform As a Service
8. Database As a Service
9. Software plus Service </li></li></ul><li> INTRODUCTION<br /> Cloud Computing,” to put it simply, means "Internet Computing.” <br /> The Internet is commonly visualized as clouds; <br /> Hence the term “cloud computing” for computation done through the Internet. With Cloud Computing users can access database resources via the Internet from anywhere, for as long as they need, without worrying about any maintenance or management of actual resources. Besides, databases in cloudier<br />very dynamic and scalable.<br /> Cloud computing is unlike grid computing, utility computing, or autonomic computing. In fact, it is a very independent platform in terms of computing.<br /> The best example of cloud computing is Google Apps where any application can be accessed using a browser and it can be deployed on thousands of computer through the Internet.<br />
10. ARCHITECTURE<br />
11. ARCHITECTURE<br /><ul><li>Cloud computing architecture, just like any othersystem, is categorized into two main sections:</li></ul> 1.Front End <br /> 2.Back End.<br /><ul><li> Front End can be end user or client or any application </li></ul> (i.e. webbrowser etc.) which is using cloud services.<br /><ul><li> Backend is the network of servers with any computer program</li></ul> and data storage system. It is usuallyassumed that cloud contains <br /> infinite storagecapacity for any software available in market.<br /> Cloud has different applications that are hosted on their own<br /> dedicated server farms. Cloud has centralized server administration system. <br /> Centralized server administers thesystem, balances client<br /> supply, adjusts demands,monitors traffic and avoids congestion. <br /> Thisserver follows protocols, commonly known as middleware.<br />
12. Middleware controls thecommunication of cloud network among them. Cloud Architecture runs on a very important assumption, which is mostly true. <br />Theassumption is that the demand for resources is not always consistent from client to cloud. Because of this reason the servers of cloud are unable to run at their full capacity. To avoid this scenario, server virtualization technique is applied. In sever virtualization, all physical servers are virtualized and they run multiple servers with either same or different application. As one physical server acts as multiple physical servers, it curtails the need for more physical machines.<br />As a matter of fact, data is the most important part of cloud computing; thus, data security is the top most priority in all the data operations of cloud. Here, all the data are backed up at multiple locations. This astoundingly increases the data storage to multiple times in cloud compared with a regular system. Redundancy of data is crucial, which is a must-have attribute of cloud computing<br />
14. CLOUD “APPLICATIONS”<br />SaaS resides here<br />Most common Cloud / Many providers of different services<br />Examples: Sales Force, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Quicken Online<br />Advantages: Free, Easy, Consumer Adoption<br />Disadvantages: Limited functionality, no control or access to underlying technology<br />
15. Cloud “Platforms”<br />“Containers”<br />“Closed” environments<br />Examples: Google App Engine, Heroku, Mosso, Engine Yard, Joyent or Force.com (SalesForce Dev Platform)<br />Advantages: Good for developers, more control than “Application” Clouds, tightly configured<br />Disadvantages: Restricted to what is available, other dependencies<br />
16. CLOUD “INFRASTRUCTURE”<br />Provide “Compute” and “Storage” clouds<br />Virtualization layers (hardware/software)<br />Examples: Amazon EC2, GoGrid, Amazon S3, Nirvanix, Linode<br />Advantages: Full control of environments and infrastructure<br />Disadvantages: premium price point, limited competition<br />
17. SERVICES<br /><ul><li> Cloud Service Models simply mean what type of services can be provided to customers. Different models cater to different kinds of requirements, and can achieve different business objectives.
18. A simple search and you may find internet hits with dozens of </li></ul> Cloud as a Service<br /><ul><li>Cloud computing leaders such as Google cloud computing, Amazon cloud computing, and Microsoft cloud computing offer the best cloud computing services on the Internet today.
19. These Cloud computing companies may give a business the chance to have their own dedicated servers in which all the necessary data for all business processes may be accessed.
20. Availing the services of Cloud computing Leaders may pose a significant amount of savings for a company or corporation, because the costs of other processes involved like IT management and hardware purchases are minimized.</li></li></ul><li>