SUBJECT: HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
ATTACH: - …..
We believe that:
• No business objective will take priority over health and safety.
• All injuries and incidents are preventable.
• No task is so important or urgent that it cannot be done safely.
• Without diminishing management’s obligations, the responsibility and
accountability for health and safety rests with every individual.
At KON.ZABETAS - ARCHITECTS+ENGINEERS we are committed to
conducting our business in a manner that prevents injury or illness to
employees, contractors, customers and the public who may be affected by
our work activities. We encourage best practice in health and safety
management within our organisation.
To achieve this we will:
• Provide a balanced focus on the management of health and well
being, personnel and process safety.
• Proactively pursue the identification of all hazards and eliminate or,
if not possible, manage the risk to as low as reasonably practicable.
• Consult with and promote active participation of employees in the
management of their own and others’ health, well being and safety.
• Provide resources to achieve a systematic approach to health,
personnel safety and process safety management to ensure
continuous performance improvement.
• Identify performance measures, set improvement targets, measure
and report performance at all levels.
• As a minimum comply with relevant legal and other requirements.
• Develop a culture where all employees and contractors are
constantly aware of safety hazards around them and act accordingly
at and away from work.
• Include health and safety performance in the appraisal of employees
and contractors and recognise accordingly.
Meeting all Occupational Health and Safety legislation and
guidelines, and in most cases far exceed any requirements. Ensuring that
all personnel are trained to the highest of standards for any duties they
are required to perform, and eventualities that may arise as detailed on
the organisation's risk assessments. All activities will therefore be carried
out safely and efficiently to prevent injury, ill health and contribute to the
success of the business. Ensuring that the organisation will take all
reasonable measures to protect the health and safety of employees and
all others who may be affected by our activities. Conducting Risk
assessments of all appropriate activities and fully documenting and
implementing measures to achieve satisfactory control. Ensuring that all
employees are made aware and understand this policy statement. To this
end employees must be fully committed to health & safety to protect
themselves, other employees and others who may be affected by their
activities. Attaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety
performance through the organisation continuous improvement
philosophy and performance monitoring systems. Our Health and Safety
Policy is continually monitored and reviewed to ensure that it meets the
organisation’s legislative requirements, Health & Safety objectives and
targets and remains relevant and effective to the changing needs of our
business and customers.
KON.ZABETAS - ARCHITECTS+ENGINEERS acknowledges and accepts
its statutory responsibility for securing the health, safety and welfare of all
its employees and others involved with the activities of the organisation. We
will keep up to date and comply with The Health & Safety at Work Act and all
other relevant legislation. Ultimate responsibility for formulating the Health
and Safety Policy and its implementation lies with the Managing Director.
Managing Director, Directors and Management will take steps as above,
paying particular attention to:
• Driving a continually assessed and updated vision of the
organisation requirements related to Health & Safety.
• A safe and healthy working environment with adequate sanitary and
• The provision of adequate financial and physical resources to
• The provision and communication of suitable and sufficient
assessments of the health and safety risks to employees and others
as a means of preventing injury or ill health. Safe Systems of Work
will be developed following this Risk Assessment process.
• The provision of sufficient information, instruction, training and
supervision to enable our employees to avoid hazards and
contribute positively to their own safety and health at work.
• The safe provision, maintenance and arrangements for the use,
handling, storage and transportation of plant, equipment, and
• Recognising the importance of all employees’ commitments to these
obligations and encouraging their participation in all safety matters
and embracing a culture whereby staff freely identify conditions
which may appear hazardous, dangerous or unhealthy.
• The organisation will continually improve the effectiveness of the
management system by setting Health and Safety objectives and
targets as part of the overall Business Targets, and by assessing
audit results, data analysis, corrective and preventive actions as
part of the management review procedure.
• Employees also have a duty to support the company by:
• Adhering to any and all of the requirements laid down
within its policies and procedures.
• Reporting any accidents, incidents, near misses that
may have occurred or any defects or other deficiencies in any
plant or equipment in use.
• Engaging in any of the communication, consultation,
training procedures that the organisation use to ensure each
employee actively assists in meeting and fulfilling the
requirements and spirit of Health and Safety.
• Embracing the teamwork culture to openly discuss
issues to improve Health and Safety performance from their
It is essential that feedback from management, employees, clients
and other stakeholders is received and communicated to all concerned as
an integral component of the continuous improvement process. The Board
of Directors fully endorse this Policy and will make it available to all
interested parties via the organisation’s website.
KON.ZABETAS - ARCHITECTS+ENGINEERS safety policy will be
reviewed every 12 months or as necessary and any revisions will be
brought to the attention of employees.
For and on behalf of
Principal architect U.I.A. – dir.