It's been said that "clothes make the man." One of the ways this is true is in men's suits. A well made, well fitting suit compliments a man's look, adding style, sophistication and professionalism to his appearance.
It's been said that "clothes make the
man." One of the ways this is true is in
men's suits. A well made, well fitting suit
compliments a man's look, adding style,
sophistication and professionalism to his
Many guys go men shirts online
shopping, before they decide on any
kind of suit.
• A suit is a set of garments made from
the same cloth, usually consisting of at
least a jacket and trousers.
• Lounge suits (also known as business
suits when sober in colour and style),
which originated in Britain as country
wear, are the most common style of
• Other types of suit still worn today are
the dinner suit, part of black tie, which
arose as a lounging alternative to dress
coats in much the same way as the day
lounge suit came to replace frock coats
and morning coats; and, rarely worn
today, the morning suit.
Body type to be considered before the online
purchase of shirts and suits:
• Men's bodies can be broadly categorized into certain
types. The kind of suit you select should compliment
your body type by accenting its strengths and
minimizing its weaknesses.
• Bulky guys should choose fitted suits with lightweight
fabrics that make them look slimmer, with dark colours
in either solid or vertical pinstripes. The suit jacket
should have 2 buttons and a single vent (slit) in the
• Tall and skinny men, in contrast, should choose light-
colour suits and formal shirts online with heavier
fabrics that keep their shape while adding weight to
the wearers' frames, such as a tweed or worsted wool.
• The suit jacket can have 3 buttons and either a single
vent or no vent at all. (Tall men can also wear double-
breasted suit jackets if they wish.)
• The pants should have a longer rise (distance between
the waistband and crotch) to balance the proportion of
their legs to their upper bodies.
Suit patterns to be considered before you buy
• Solid colour suits are all one colour, with no discernible pattern.
• Pinstripes are thin, vertical, evenly spaced lines in a colour contrasting that of the
suit, usually lighter than the background colour.
• Online purchase of shirts and solid colour suits is very common. Their actual width
may vary from suit to suit, but they usually convey an air of authority on the
• A window pane pattern is a square or rectangular pattern made using widely
spaced horizontal and vertical stripes to provide a stylish look check pattern suit is
like a window pane pattern but has the horizontal and vertical lines more densely
Suits to be bought along with formal shirts online:
• If you're shopping in a brick-and-mortar
store, try on several suits that interest you
and look at them in a full-length mirror to
see how they hang on your body.
• The suit collar should hang such that a
quarter inch of your shirt collar shows when
• The shoulders should be padded only
enough that your shoulders slope naturally
when wearing the suit, not so that they
droop or dent the suit material.
• The jacket's armholes should be positioned
so that you can raise your arms over your
head without the jacket riding up, and its.
• sleeves should let half an inch of your shirt sleeves show.
• The bottom button is only for decoration; it should never be buttoned
when you wear the suit.
• A good suit should be made with quality materials and workmanship.
• You should buy shirts online according to your suit.
• You should be able to squeeze the fabric without causing more than
minimal wrinkles and gently tug the buttons without them feeling loose.