There's 1 company theme but many different web applications with different theming approaches, for e.g. mailing list software, issue tracking software, CMS, blogging s/w, etc. The company may wish to use for e.g. WordPress to manage their blog rather than whatever comes native with their CMS. Management may decide for e.g. to move to a new CMS platform. Upgrades do tend to also mean rewriting applications to work on the new version and this can be a long drawn out process. And usually by the time you've completed it the new version of the software has been released.
1. ContentMirror - Manage Your Web Content In Plone and Serve It Up In <Insert Favourite Server> Tim Knapp
2. Introductions <ul><li>Plone developer since 2003
3. Vice-President of the NZPUG
4. Member of the Plone Foundation </li></ul>
5. What Is ContentMirror? <ul><li>Serialises content from a Plone site to a relational database.
6. Supports all the standard Plone types and any custom-developed Archetypes ones.
7. Is based on SQLAlchemy. </li></ul>
8. Why Use ContentMirror? <ul><li>You'd like to present your CMS content in a lightweight frontend.
9. To backup your Plone data.
10. To make use of RDBMS reporting and analysis tools. </li></ul>
11. ContentMirror Demo
12. Q & A
13. Contact Details <ul><li>e : [email_address]
14. w : www.emergetec.com </li></ul>
15. More info <ul><li>Install: http://code.google.com/p/contentmirror/wiki/Installation