A presentation introducing the Repoze project, which is a project to (amongst other things) implement WSGI support in Zope . This was presented by Tim Knapp of Emerge Technology at the NZPUG Christchurch meetup in April 2008.
An Introduction to
Tim Knapp, Emerge Technology
Repoze and WSGI
● WSGI standard began in 2004
● Repoze began in 2007
● Repoze is about:
– allowing non-Zope developers to take
advantage of Zope technologies via
– allowing Zope developers to take
advantage of WSGI components
● Servers accept requests from browsers/clients and
pass request data along to applications. They also
respond to requests using data returned by the
● Middleware is an application that calls the next
application; functional composition forms a pipeline.
● Applications return status, headers, response body.