Kevin John Myshock, AIA, NCARB
24910 Woodridge Drive, #205
Farmington Hills, Michigan 48335
Ph: (248) 345-7661 E-mail: email@example.com
Jan., 2010 – Present AIA Michigan Chapter
Co-Chair for Newly Licensed Architects, AIA Michigan Membership Committee
• Encourage active recruitment of newly licensed architects in the State of Michigan to
become members of the American Institute of Architects.
June, 2009 – Present AIA Detroit & AIA Michigan Chapters
Architectural Registration Exam (ARE) Preparation
• Coordinator & Instructor of statewide Architectural Registration Exam preparation
workshops and seminars for those obtaining professional licensure.
May, 2007 – Sept., 2009 Albert Kahn Family of Companies, Detroit, Michigan
Staff Architect - Architectural Development Department
• Aurora Hospital, Grafton, Wisconsin – 520,000sf new facility.
($184 million total const. cost). Construction documents development /
• Karmanos-Crittenton Cancer Center, Rochester Hills, Michigan – 30,000sf new facility.
($14 million total const. cost). Design development / Construction doc. development.
• Aurora Hospital, Summit, Wisconsin – 800,000sf new facility.
($190 million total const. cost). Construction documents development utilizing
3D Building Information Management (BIM) systems.
March, 2004 – April, 2007 Matthei & Colin Associates, Chicago, Illinois
Staff & Project Architect / Designer
• Holland Hospital Healing Garden, Holland, Michigan – 1,000sf remodel & addition.
($150,000 total const. cost). Design development / Construction doc. development.
• Edward Hospital Outpatient Center, Plainfield, Illinois – 100,000sf new facility.
($24 million total const. cost). Design development / Construction doc. development /
Specifications development / Construction Administration.
• Edward Heart Hospital Expansion, Naperville, Illinois – 153,525sf remodel & addition.
($36 million total const. cost). Interior millwork detailing & coordination.
• Washington County Regional Hospital, Hagerstown, Maryland – 500,000sf new facility.
($120 million total const. cost). Interior / exterior design development and
Jan., 1999 – March, 2004 Joseph Philips – Architect, LLC, Plymouth, Michigan
Intern architect / Designer
• Involved in various residential, mid-sized commercial and tenant build-out projects.
• Completed construction documents in AutoDesk and DataCAD system formats.
• Development of complete project specifications.
Aug., 1997 – Dec., 1998 Neumann/Smith & Associates, Southfield, Michigan
Part-time studio assistant
• Verification of outside shop drawings, general office duties.
Aug., 2001 – Dec., 2003 A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Masters Degree in Architecture, Dec., 2003.
Masters Degree in Urban Design, Dec., 2003.
3.53 Overall GPA.
June 1999 – Aug., 1999 Paris Study Abroad Program
Paris, France. Arranged through Lawrence Technological University
Completed seven credits at the Cite Universitaire in Paris, France, studying the role of
structure, light and historical setting in architecture.
Aug., 1996 – Jan., 2000 College of Architecture and Design
Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan
Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture, May, 2000.
3.52 Overall GPA, Magna Cum Laude.
• NCARB Certification received in June, 2010.
• State of Michigan Architecture License received in March, 2009.
• Active Chair, Architectural Registration Exam (ARE) Preparation Subcommittee of the
AIA Detroit Emerging Professionals Committee. Organize and implement workshops,
seminars and purchases of ARE study materials for emerging professionals in
Southeast Michigan (2009).
• Active Co-Chair, AIA Michigan ARE Resource Committee. Work with all ten AIA
Michigan Chapters to arrange workshops, seminars and purchases of ARE study
materials for emerging professionals throughout Michigan (2009).
• Active Co-Chair for Newly Licensed Architects, AIA Michigan Membership Committee.
Work with all ten AIA Michigan Chapters to encourage newly licensed architects in
Michigan to join the American Institute of Architects (2010).
• Holland Hospital Healing Garden, Holland, Michigan awarded the 2009 Best Projects
Award by Interiorscape Magazine, Jan./Feb. 2009 edition.
• Edward Hospital Outpatient Center, Plainfield, Illinois published in the annual
Architectural Showcase publication of Healthcare Design Magazine, September 2007
• Published in the Journal of the A. Alfred College of Architecture and Urban Planning,
Dimensions: volume sixteen, from the University of Michigan; titled: Hydraulic Systems:
Stormwater Landmarks, 2002 edition.
• Within the work environment, the ability to work well in groups through organization and
• The ability to think in small and large scales through architecture and urban design
processes and constantly remain open to the ideas and suggestions of others.
• Knowledgeable in 3D Building Information Management (BIM) systems for building
design and construction document phases.
• Knowledgeable in current versions of AutoDesk, DataCAD, and Arris based system
formats for the purposes of schematic design, design development, and construction
Photography, the outdoors, camping, mountain biking, hockey and traveling abroad when
Mr. Michael R. Garcia, AIA
p. (312) 560-3528
Mr. Ronald Kobold, AIA
Matthei & Colin Associates
332 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 614
Chicago, Illinois 60604
p. (312) 939-4002
Mr. Joseph Philips, AIA
Joseph Philips – Architect, LLC
921 Wing Street
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
p. (734) 455-8354
Ms. Cindy Pozolo, AIA, NCARB, LEED® AP
Director of Architectural Development
Albert Kahn Family of Companies
Albert Kahn Building
7430 Second Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48202
p. (313) 202-7851
Mr. Derek J. Roberts, Associate AIA, LEED® AP
2009/2010 Regional Associate Director - AIA Michigan
2150 Independence Blvd.
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
p. (734) 945-2812
Mr. Roy Strickland
Chair, Master of Urban Design Program
A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning
The University of Michigan
2000 Bonisteel Boulevard
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
p. (734) 936-0239
Other references, college transcripts, or education and work experience inquiries are
available upon request.