Social Media For Educators
March 26, 2010
• Wiki: The wiki interface is very simple to use
and I have had the opportunity to us it with my
students with great success. Provides excellent
security for a free program.
• Twitter: Going into this course I was most
hesitant using twitter but I actually love it. The
ability to get relevant information from informed
educators is very useful as a teacher.
• Delicious: I really enjoy the organization of this
social book marking site and it really allows for
easy presentation of websites with my students.
• Ning: I had some challenges developing
my Ning page to be a successful forum
for educators. Personally I like the
interface and believe it provides great
potential for educators. I just had a
difficult time organizing my thoughts
through my Ning page.
• I really liked using Moodle for the online
learning. I have used Blackboard for online
courses and actually preferred using Moodle.
It was well organized and easy to navigate.
• I really like how every link I needed was on
the main page, as opposed to entering 2-3
pages before finding the link I need.
Murphy’s Law Ning