2. We arrived in the forest to find that MrsMisselbrook had lit a fire. She used thesticks that we had collected last week.
3. It was a extraordinarily hot day for March. It felt like a summer’s day in June! We felt even hotter beside the fire!It was a extraordinarilyhot day for March. It feltlike a summer’s day in June!We felt even hotter besidethe fire!
4. We learned about the fire triangle. Fuel, air and heat are needed to make a fire.If you remove one side of the triangle, the fire goes out.When we had finished with our fire, we poured water on it. This removed the heat side of the triangle and our fire went out.
5. Fires can be dangerous in a forest! Because it was such a hot day, everything around us was very dry and could easily catch fire. Mrs Misselbrook poured water around the edge of the fire to stop it from spreading and setting fire to the surrounding forest.We learned about the‘Outdoor Code’ and how andwhy we must look after ourcountryside and forests.
6. Mrs Misselbrook cooked us cheesy Quesadillas on theopen fire. They were yummy!
7. As this was our last day, we had a lot of fun andplayed played lots of games. Mrs Thomson took apiece of cooled charcoal from the fire and drew all over Nicole’s face…………. but Nicole got herown back and decorated Mrs Thomson’s face too!
8. We had lots of free time to run around, explorethe forest and play our own games. Emma, Christen, Amy, Ellie and Demi had an amazing adventure on the high seas in their Forest boat!
9. Our favourite game is Stealth.
10. People are getting very good at hiding in the undergrowth, although at the risk of getting stung by nettles!