1. Office Building Presented By: Childress Architectural Group
2. Zoning and Ordinances The current zoning in place for the parcel is PD-447-R/MF-2 1/300 Parking Required (and 7 Accessible Spaces) Based on a full office use the required parking would be required at the rate of 1 space per 300 sq. ft. of building area. Where 201 to 300 spaces are provided seven are to be accessible. 1 Off Street Loading Space Office and certain other building types are required to provide Off Street loading spaces at a rate tied to the total building area. If the building is between 50,000 and 150,000 sq. ft. and will be all office then one loading space of 10’ x 40’ will be required. If there is space devoted to retail or other commercial use the requirement could change. The way the tables are worded it indicates the gross area in the building rather than the area in the building devoted to the indicated use. Based on where the space(s) is located it may be necessary to provide screening. Setbacks: Front Yard: 50’ The standard front yard setback for Group R zoned properties is 50 feet. Side Yard: None The interior side yard setback for Group R is zero. However, building code requires 20’ Setback for glass walls. The exterior side yard, which abuts the street, is to be treated as a second front yard and be provided the same setback as required for the front yard (50’). Rear Yard: 10’ The indicated rear yard for Group R districts is 10 feet where no alley exists. There is an item under Restrictions in the PD. This item indicates a boundary is required between residential and non-residential uses. There is no indication what constitutes this boundary. It may already be in place since the multi-family has already been constructed. This would require presenting a concept to Plano Planning to obtain their input. Maximum Height: 35’ (2 stories) The height, under the present zoning, is limited to 2 stories and a maximum dimensional height of 35 feet. There may be an opportunity to rezone and modify the current height limits. This rezoning and successful modification of the height limit should be a stipulation before the completion of any purchase.
5. Option 5 building 3 Floors @ 28,050 SF = 84,150 SF 1 Level Garage = 64,250 SF Garage Parking = 129 Spaces Surface Parking = 126 Spaces Total Parking = 255 Spaces Code Required Parking Ratio: 1/300 84,150/300 = 281 Spaces Required Lacking 26 Parking Spaces and 1 10’x40’ Off Street Loading Space The following preliminary site plans are based on approximated dimensions and coordinates.
9. Option 4 garage 3 Floors @ 29,994 SF = 89,982 SF 1 Level Garage = 96,291 SF Below Grade Garage Parking = 236 Spaces On Grade Parking Deck = 119 Spaces Total Parking = 355 Spaces Code Required Parking Ratio: 1/300 89,982/300 = 300 Spaces Required High Density Parking Ratio: 1/250 89,982/250 = 359 Spaces Lacking 4 Parking Spaces at High Density Ratio and 1 10’x40’ Off Street Loading Space
11. Option 4 plan 3 Floors @ 29,994 SF = 89,982 SF
12. Option 3 building 3 Floors @ 28,800 = 86,400 SF 1 Level Garage = 56,655 SF Garage Parking = 144 Spaces Surface Parking = 142 Spaces Total Parking = 286 Spaces Code Required Parking Ratio: 1/300 86,400/300 = 288 Spaces Required 1 10’x40’ Off Street Loading Space Requires additional land area for access, Building located 10’ from property line