Concept:Biology => well-validated structures for intelligent designCan biological structures and forms can be deconstructed or abstracted to building blocks for the creation of novel/unprecedented and functional wearables?Biological structure and forms can be deconstructed and applied to wearables to create novel, functional shapes. If biology can provide the inspiration for intelligent, modern design, I would like to explore this premise: using biological structures and forms as the building blocks for creating novel and functional wearables.
3. research concept <br />Biology is a source of myriad well-validated structures & shapes<br />These forms can be deconstructed or abstracted and used as building blocks to create novel wearables and explore unprecedented applications.<br />
4. design questions<br />How can biological structures and forms be meaningfully deconstructed and applied to wearables?<br />What novel and functional architectures can be created<br />When thinking of these geometries as building blocks, which elements must be held constant and which may be stretched or changed?<br />What applications might there be for such forms in other realms? <br />
20. Chictopia Poll: <br />Would you wear this if it were made in a more forgiving fabric?<br />21% yes<br />24% probably<br />35% probably not<br />21% no<br />Total votes: 34<br />
21. next steps<br />
22. the rest of this month<br />Clay’s scarf (this week)<br />Jen’s balaclava/muffler (this week)<br />Kits for both of these (next week)<br />Hoody<br />Kit for hoody<br />Test the kits at another make party<br />
23. winterim/next semester<br />develop screen-based interface<br />start my teen modeling career<br />