View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Virology is a source of well-validated
structures & shapes.
These architectural forms can be
deconstructed or abstracted to create novel
wearables and explore unprecedented
virus-like particles as vaccines
• Proteins from the outer shell + surface proteins
• No genetic material – lack viral nucleic acids
• Can be successful in eliciting an immune response
without eliciting infection
• HPV and HepB vaccines are composed of virus-like
particles – first to be approved by the FDA
primary design questions
• How can virus-like structures and forms be meaningfully
deconstructed and applied to wearables?
• What novel and functional architectures can be created