• Biology:“Are commercially available antibacterial cleaning agents effective in controlling the growth of E. coli on nutrient agar under laboratory conditions?”
• Biology: “Can a program of training at high altitude have an impact on the fitness of an athlete?”
• ESS: “To what extent does the length of time after an exotic plant has been introduced to an area, and the latitude from which it originates, affect the diversity of herbivores found feeding on it?”
• ESS: “From major inputs and outputs of the school canteen, what overall estimate of its environmental impact can be made in terms of an ecological footprint?”
•it takes to brew a cup of tea Chemistry: “Does the time using a specific commercial brand of tea leaves significantly alter the amount of caffeine that is dissolved in the drink?”
• Chemistry: “Do strawberry jellies in different countries contain the same red dyes?”
• Physics: “Do wine bottles of different shapes behave as Helmholtz resonators?”
• Physics: “Is the efficiency of electromagnetic damping of a moving glider a function of the initial kinetic energy of the glider?”
• An interdisciplinary essay on an issue of global importance• Example Topics: global food crisis, climate change, terrorism, energy security, migration, global health• An essay that draws on theories, findings and methods from 2 or more IBD subjects and then integrates them to produce a coherent and insightful analysis of the issue
• What do members of 3 religions (Hindu, Muslim and Christian) in my city ……. believe or know about the causes, transmission and cures of HIV-AIDS, and how do religious beliefs inform these views?
• How and why have two Japanese graffiti artists used American hip hop art for the purposes of self-expression and community organization in their country?
• What is the impact of non- native aquatic plants on marine and inland environments?
• How does baby formula affect the health of infants, and why is it such a popular alternative to mother’s milk in the Philippines and Canada?