144. A Poem for Olivia Born January 14, 2001 It was January thirteenth, five days before you were due. Mommy’s water broke at nine AM and the contractions followed through. Your nursery was ready well before your birthday.
145. Grandma and Grandpa helped us finish it over the Thanksgiving holiday. Nana and Pop – Pop were busy working at the shore. They received a phone call from Daddy.
146. They received a phone call from Daddy. He said you were on the way and without delay they ran out the door. Mommy lay in her hospital bed, resting with a cool wash cloth on her forehead.
147. As the hours of the day passed into the eve and early morn’(one thirty – four AM to be exact) you arrived with much relief. There you were, a miracle, our perfect baby girl! We were ready to show you the world.
148. Our beautiful Olivia Mae Jones, we are so proud of you. Everyday you amaze us with everything you do. At one month you smiled and melted our hearts.
149. At two months you laughed out of the blue. At three months you held a bottle and babbled a little too. At four months you could roll over and sleep through the night. At five months you crawled and sat up.
150. At six months you could stand. You are so bright! At eight months you said MaMa and DaDa. At nine months you waved bye – bye. At ten months you took a step all by yourself. You never have been shy.
151. You love attention, affection and playing. You are a social butterfly. You are sweet, flirtatious and loving, adored by every passer – by. You are clever, curious and persistent.
152. We believe you must be a genius. We love you now and always and feel blessed to have you with us. You have forever changed our lives filling our hearts with joy and love. You are perfect in every way, a true gift sent from heaven above.