KMS Monthly Report Feb 2014Presentation Transcript
Teachers bring classes to search for independent reading books, conduct
research, or use the library computers for instruction.
Individual Student Visits
Students come on their own to select independent reading books or use the
computer for class work.
Use of physical space
Use of resources
Use of resources comparison
● Provided print and audiovisual resources
about reproduction for grade 8 science
● Provided print resources about medieval life
for grade 7 social studies
● Created LibGuide of electronic resources
about medieval life for grade 7 social studies
● Assisted in selection of group read-aloud for
grade 7 Boost
● Provided print resources about ancient
Greece for grade 6 social studies
● Open Library on Tuesdays until 3 p.m.
● Genre-fication update:
Mystery fiction is finished!
● Rhode Island Teen Book Award 2014:
Students in Rhode Island voted for their
favorite book from the nominated list. See
the nominations on our Pinterest page.
Rhode Island Teen Book Award 2014 bulletin board display.
“There is no such thing as a child
who hates to read; there are only
children who have not found the
right book.” - Frank Serafini
Kelly Metzger, Librarian