1. Demo Lars Lofgren Growth Manager - September 2013
3. Finding valuable customers1 Tracking funnels and A/B tests2 Tracking marketing campaigns3 Seeing which features get used4 Other KISSmetrics reports5 How to get data into KISSmetrics6 We’ll cover...
4. Customer ID1 Events2 Properties3 But first, there are 3 types of data in KISSmetrics
5. Customer IDs are people.
6. Events are actions that people take.
7. Properties are details about people.
8. Customer ID = email@example.com Event = Signup2 Property = Subscription plan and the value is “Startup Plan” 3 Example: Joe signs up for a startup plan
9. Finding Valuable Customers 1
10. Demo time!
11. We have integrations with:
12. Funnels and A/B Tests 2
13. Demo time!
14. What about A/B tests? Use a property to track different versions of your A/B test. Then segment funnel by that property.
15. This is what A/B test data looks like.
16. We also have integrations with:
17. Tracking Marketing Campaigns 3
18. Referrer1 Search Engines2 Search Terms3 UTM Parameters (Source, Medium, Terms, Content, and Name) 4 What gets tracked automatically as properties?
19. Demo time!
20. What about AdWords? We don’t have an AdWords integration. You can track your campaigns with UTM parameters.
21. Which Features Get Used 4
22. Demo time!
23. How different features impact conversion rates
24. Other KISSmetrics Reports 5
25. Live, Metrics, and Cohorts Demo time!
26. How to Get Data Into KISSmetrics 6
27. Visited Site1 Form Fields2 Ad Campaign Hits (UTM parameters)3 Search Engine Hits4 Pageviews (turned off by default to keep your events lower) 5 We track these automatically:
29. You can also add data by MySQL We’ll import your current data and monitor your database for any updates.
30. Upload any data you want from a CSV You can do a one-time upload or make it recurring with an Amazon S3 Bucket.
31. support.kissmetrics.com/apis1 support.kissmetrics.com/integrations2 support.kissmetrics.com/a-b-testing3 For more ways to get data into KISSmetrics:
32. Q&ATime! Lars Lofgren firstname.lastname@example.org @larslofgren
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.