How to Get Your Users to Actually Start Using Your Product so You Can Sell It
- 4,300 views
3. We’ll cover...1 What is SaaS activation?2 The 3 stages to perfect it3 4 ways to improve activation ...
3. We’ll cover...1 What is SaaS activation?2 The 3 stages to perfect it3 4 ways to improve activation
4. What is Activation?
5. There’s a gap in our user acquisition...
6. Most SaaS business track this funnel:
7. Let’s say that John visits your site.
8. And he signs up for a free trial.
9. What then? He magically upgrades?
10. Activation is.. The first point where you deliver the value that you promised.
11. Activation is the key to a healthy SaaS business. If people don’t see the value of your product, you won’t be able to upgrade them to a paid plan.
12. Our new funnel looks like this:
13. Stage 1 - Define Activation 1
14. Answer this question: Where do you deliver the core value of your product for new users?
15. Let’s look at an example.
16. What if your product isn’t so simple?
17. Talk to new users that paid within last 30 days. Have them tell you how they started using your product.
18. Then talk to new users that didn’t upgrade What do they miss?
19. Also segment your current funnel by... 1 Business model 2 Customer type 3 Traffic source Look for abnormal conversion rates.
20. A funnel segmented by business type.
21. Find the moment where your product “clicks”
22. MailChimp Activation
23. Shopify Activation
24. Stage 2 - Measure 2
25. We can’t improve it unless we’re measuring it.
26. Remember our funnel? Get Your baseline.
27. Segment your funnel.
28. Then A/B test changes
29. So what should we test?
30. Stage 3 - Time for Tactics 3
31. 4 Ways to Increase Activation 1 Checklist 2 New user experience 3 Filter 4 Lifecycle emails
32. 1. The Checklist
33. Easy to test and implement
34. 2. The new user experience An integrated guide for how to get to activation.
35. A unique experience just for new users.
36. Doing this right takes a lot of work.
37. 3. The Filter
38. Target different customer segments. If people get value from your product in different ways, filter them into different paths.
39. Some filters work better than others...
40. Conversion Rate: 22.1%
41. Fast or Advanced Filter
42. Conversion Rate: 38.2% (vs 22.1%)
43. 4. Lifecycle Emails Stay in touch with your users.
44. Target the walls that your users hit.
45. Getting over the first hurdle in Crazy Egg
46. Action Steps 1 Talk to users and define activation 2 Baseline your funnel 3 Test checklist, then NUX and filters 4 For user education problems, send a lifecycle email
47. KISSmetrics funnels measure activation for you 1 Find the right people to talk to 2 Build funnels for historical data 3 Easily segment funnels
48. VIP KISSmetrics Demo kiss.ly/webinar-17
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views