- 2,673 views
3. We’ll cover...1 How to find the ROI of your marketing2 Q&A3 Demo Time! ...
3. We’ll cover...1 How to find the ROI of your marketing2 Q&A3 Demo Time!
5. Most of us have no idea what the ROI is
6. ROI isn’t easy to measure with most tools
7. Critical questions we leave unanswered1 Where do my best customers come from?2 Where do I find more of them?
8. For answers, we need to understand the lifecycle
9. Every customer goes through steps
10. The Customer Lifecycle 1 Unaware 2 Interested 3 First-time Customers 4 Regular Customers 5 Passionate Customers
11. Why does ROI matter? We don’t have a business until we’re in control of growth.
12. WEB ANALYTICS ROI
13. All traffic report from Google Analytics
14. How does Google Analytics assign credit? Credit goes to the most recent traffic source (except for direct).
15. Let’s say Susan comes to your site
16. She discovers you via a Facebook post
17. Next time, she uses an organic search
18. Who gets the credit for each purchase?1 Facebook.com2 Organic keyword
19. This creates distortions in tracking the lifecycle1 The top of your funnel is undervalued2 The bottom of your funnel is overvalued
20. Web analytics can’t track people over time Customer data gets split up between multiple traffic sources.
21. The rest of the lifecycle is forgotten
22. CUSTOMER ANALYTICS ROI
23. What is customer analytics? All your data gets connected to individuals so you can track the lifecycle.
24. You’ll have data on individuals
25. A revenue report that includes repeat purchases
26. Why do we use the first referrer? Easy to see which marketing contributes to the most long-term growth. It puts us in control.
27. OTHER WAYS TOSlice and Dice
28. Can also use last referrer (and define dates)
29. ROI of keywords
30. ROI of campaigns
31. ROI of split tests
32. ROI of product categories
33. ROI of whatever you want
34. You’ll (finally) be able to answer these questions:1 Is my Facebook marketing worth it?2 Should I keep paying that SEO consultant?3 Where can I find my best customers?
35. Where do we find customer analytics?
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views