1. Best Practices for Gaining Intelligence on Your Customers in KISSmetrics - SaaS Lars Lofgren Product Marketer - July 2013
3. I’m going to show you... How to understand your customers as much as possible without needing to sink countless hours into analysis.
4. The Quick Checkup1 Lookup and Discovery2 Monitoring3 The Deep Dive4 We’ll cover...
5. The Quick Checkup 1
6. A 30 second check for problems and opportunities
7. Focus on... What’s changing? And in what direction is it going?
8. The Metrics Tab
9. Number of signups1 Conversion rate of Visitor -> Signup2 Conversion rate of Signup -> Paid3 Revenue4 Average revenue per user5 Number of active users6 Key metrics you should add for SaaS
10. The Daily Metrics Email
11. Where to set up your daily metrics email:
12. Do your Quick Checkup daily. Either log in to review your metrics or use the Daily Metrics email.
13. Lookup and Discovery 2
14. Review main reports and answer critical questions
15. Segment Revenue Report1 Funnels2 People Search3 Cohorts4 4 ways to look up your data
16. 1. Segment your revenue report
17. You’ll get data like this:
18. First ever referrer1 Subscription plan2 Search terms and campaigns3 Business type, industry, or demographics 4 Key properties to segment revenue by:
19. 2. Your main funnel
20. Establish your own baseline1 Look for bottlenecks2 Test changes on entire funnel3 Quality in = quality out4 Best practices for funnels
21. 3. People searches help you understand users
22. View timelines of individual users
23. 4. Use cohorts to track acquisition over time
24. Use cumulative percentages to get totals
25. Do a Lookup and Discovery Weekly Once a week, review who your customers are, where they come from, and answer critical questions.
26. Monitoring 3
27. Keep an eye on data as it happens
28. KISSmetrics Live
29. Keeping an eye on a launch1 Making sure critical functions work2 Debugging data implementation3 Perfect for...
30. Monitor your data in the background. Many of our customers set up a dedicated monitor for KISSmetrics Live.
31. The Deep Dive 4
32. Time to slice and dice
33. The Power Report
34. Compare impact of features on signups...
35. All your marketing metrics in one place...
36. Build tiered segments1 Unlimited columns of your metrics2 Apply filters to each metric3 Flexibility of MySQL queries without code 4 You can...
37. Who gets access to the Power Report? You need to be on one of our Professional plans.
38. Do a Deep Dive monthly Once a month, slice and dice your data to answer every question that came up.
39. I have 4 action steps for you
40. Daily = Quick Checkup1 Weekly = Lookup and Discovery2 Monthly = Deep Dive3 Show your Live tab on a monitor4 Action Steps to Become Data Driven
41. Q&ATime! Lars Lofgren email@example.com @larslofgren
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.