1. “Social Media is bringing back humanity to all digital life. We are no longer users,consumers, shoppers. We are people again.”
2. Before the Internet, we used to gather to shareour passions
3. Early InternetIncludedmessageboards andchat rooms
4. Paid Earned Owned Internet Social Media Brand and Product Advertising (Pages and Feeds) Websites Mobile Brand and PPC – Search Product Websites Word of Month Marketing Proprietary Mobile ApplicationsMobile Advertising User Forums Customer Care Services News, PR, Sponsorships Announcements Proprietary Digital Content BloggerPaid Applications Proprietary Blogs Relationships
5. One message beforeSocial Media …
8. One message afterSocial Media …
9. The message is distribute across Social Media channels …
12. We have reached like never before …
13. …where business can embrace theircustomers.
14. How can a business implement aSocial MediaSTRATEGY
15. Learn about your audience Who/Where are they?What is their personality like?How/Where do they consume?How/Where do they engage?
16. Choose yourchannels wisely
17. Choose yourchannels wisely
18. Choose theright teamto engage
19. Choose theright teamto engage
22. Social Media Tools and Applications
23. Social networks bring people closer together to interact, build relationships and share information. Within social networks, there are different types ofsocial applications - individual social tools designed for a specific purpose.
24. Public announcements to a group of people, like akeynote speech at a conference. One or more authorscreate a blog with text, images or videos and design thelook and feel. Readers can comment on or rate each ofthe blog entries, depending on the permissions or rulesapplied.Online group discussions where people haveconversations about a topic, share ideas or ask specificquestions. Common uses are product support or interestbased discussions.Collaborative documents that help people createcontent with text, images and video. Wikis are oftenused for documentation, FAQs or articles. Because wikiscan have multiple authors, versions of wiki articles aretracked, as well as a history of changes, for futurereference.
25. Short updates with text or links to other content. Theyprovide quick status updates from members in a socialnetwork.Actions by members or groups in a network, such asrecently posted photos, new comments or updatedinformation.Personal snapshots that include a person’s picture andpersonal information, such as hobbies, pictures, interests,skills, location and more.
26. Private, direct notes people can send to one or moreconnections. Like email, but built into the social site.Within a community, badges or points acknowledgemembers for their role or contributions.Add your comments to blog posts, videos, photos andwithin social networks. Comments are typically writtennotes about shared content and can include links tovideos, pictures or other websites.
27. Share opinions on a topic with a given set of choices.Votes are recorded and shown to others.Let members give content a score indicating its value,such as 5 stars or a thumbs up or down.Mark content according to topic or keywords so that it’seasy to find.
28. The foundations for any social media marketing activity start withlistening and in-depth research, ranging from influenceridentification to campaign planning.SocialMention.com Best in class and free tool in socialmedia search platform that aggregates user generated contentfrom across the web into a single stream of information.It monitors 80+ social media properties directly indluding: Twitter,Facebook, YouTube, Digg, Google etc.www.google.com/adplanner Google AdPlanner whichcan help you determine which online destinations are mostrelevant to your product, brand or service.
29. There are literally millions of tools and process for publising,discovering relevant content and arranging it online so it can bere-purposed/re-shared WordPress.com The world’s best publishing platform catering to very big to the very small.Alternatives:Tumblr.com, Posterous.com, Checkthis.comSpecific forms of content
30. A Social Business engages its client constantly … participating inthe dialogue!Dashboards ToolsTweetDeck.com, HootSuite.com and SproutSocial.comBlog Comments Management ToolsDisqus.com, LiveFyre.com and InstanseDebate.com
31. Web Analytics ToolsGoogle Analytics is the king when it comes to free website insightsbut lots of other tools can play a role too.StatMyWeb.com is a great all-in-one tools to get a feel for theperformance of any website on theSocial Media Analytics ToolsTwitter TweetReach.com TwitterCounter.comFacebook SocialBakers.comYouTube www.YouTube.com/comment_search
32. Take a Look on Social Process
33. Web Analytics is the concept of measuring websiteperformance and analyzing how visitors interact with asite. Web Analytics applications can help companiesimprove their sites to improve their ROI, customersatisfaction and website usability.In order to successfully run SEM (SEO and PPC)campaigns, search engine marketing experts / specialistsneed to know how people find a web site and how theyinteract with it once they arrive there. SEM experts /consultants create KPIs (key performance indicators)that help them measure the success of different SEMcampaigns utilizing their Web Analytics applications.
34. Digital Advertising LandscapeOn search advertising SEMOn search results SEOOn related sites ContextualOn un-related sites BannersOn desktop WidgetsOn a community CommunitiesOn a phone MobileOn existing Email/SMS…. more OMR
35. “Realize that the social media successequation isn’t big moves on the chessboard, it’s little moves made every daythat eventually add up to a major shift.” - Jay Baer