9. HISTORY <br />In 1873 the dry goods merchant, Levi Strauss, sold the first pair of lot 501 waist high work pants to miners working the California gold rush.<br />The tough, durable, hand made work pants quickly became the standard dress for miners, railroad workers, cowboys & laborers in the western frontier.<br />Levi Strauss replaced canvas with blue denim & reinforced the seams with copper rivets.<br />Focused on making only rugged work pants & built very successful & focused business.<br />
10. 1940…… 1980……<br /><ul><li>From the late 1940s through the early 1960s, Levi Strauss had virtually no competition.
11. In the early 1970s, the new publicly held Levi Strauss decided to become broad-based appeal company & purchased established brands such as Perry Ellis & Oxford’s men’s fashions & additional women’s brands.
12. In the late 1980s, Levi’s identified an emerging fashion trend beyond blue jeans & introduced the wildly successful Dockers brand & established a leadership position in casual fashion</li></li></ul><li>Levi’s :Today<br />Sales in more than 100 countries <br />Staff of 12,000 people worldwide<br />Product Line :<br />Levi’s Brand<br />Original and authentic jeans<br />Most widely recognized<br />Levi’s 501 jeans<br />Dockers<br />Number 1 khaki pant brand in the US<br />Levi Strauss Signature<br />Mass channel <br />Value-conscious consumers<br />
13. Levi’s : As a Brand<br />A name, term, sign, symbol, or design (or some combination thereof) used to identify the products of one firm and to differentiate them from competitive offerings. <br /><ul><li>Levi‘s is still a strong brand</li></ul>• Levi Strauss & Co can only benefit from Levi‘s, <br /> Because Levi‘s<br />– adds values to the company<br />– positively affects consumer perceptions <br /> of brands<br />– acts as a barrier to competition (Gap, Diesel,…)<br />– improves profits<br />– provides a base for brand extension (Type1, Worn,...)<br />– acts as a form of quality certification<br />– creates trust<br />
14. Levi’s : Brand Awareness<br />Your product is the first that comes to mind in a certain product categoryeg. ice tea = Snapple, jeans = Levi’s.<br />
15. Levi’s: Brand Preference/ Loyalty<br />Brand Preference / Loyalty- The degree to which customers are committed to further purchases eg. I will always buy Levi’s <br />
16. Levi’s : Brand Elements<br />Brand elements are also known as brand identities, are <br />Those trademark able devices that serve to identity and <br />Differentiate the BRAND<br />The main one are:<br />Names<br />Logos<br />Symbols<br />Characters<br />Slogons,jingles<br />Package<br />Spokespeople<br />URLs<br />Etc.<br />
18. Levi’s: Brand Association <br />Brand Association- the link to favorable images, celebrities, geographic regionsie. Red Strip - Jamaica, VW - Germany, Screech - NFLDBailey’s - Eire<br />
19. Levi’s : Brand Equity<br />Brand Recognition / Equity– It occurs when the consumer has a high level of awareness and familiarity loyalty, quality, emotion with the brand & holds some strong fob our able & unique brand association is memory.<br />Levi’s Brand Equity:<br />
20. Market Segmentation<br />Market segmentation is the selection of groups of people who will be most receptive to a product. <br /> <br />BASIS OF MARKET SEGMENTATION<br /><ul><li>Demographic Segmentation
21. Geographic Segmentation
22. Psychographic Segmentation
23. Behavioral Segmentation</li></li></ul><li>Target Market:<br />Mostly Levi’s targets its market among the following classes:<br /><ul><li>Upper Class
24. Upper Middle Class</li></ul>Target Market Strategy:<br />Target market strategy adopted by Levis is basically on having long-term relations with their customers and to provide them with better product.<br />
25. PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES<br /><ul><li>Variety
29. Size</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Brand assets:</li></ul>symbols: Two Horse Brand, Red Tab, arched stitching on the pocket.<br /><ul><li>Brand personality:</li></ul>characteristics: genuine, original, authentic, real.<br /><ul><li>Brand reflection:</li></ul> wearing Levi‘s jeans = being ‚cool<br />
30. VALUES:<br />Levi Strauss & Co. says,<br />“Our corporate values are the foundation of our company and define who we are. They underlie how we compete in the marketplace and how we behave, Our values are fundamental to our success. .”<br />Levi Strauss & Co. has four major core values. <br /><ul><li>Empathy
33. Courage</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Empathy: Beginswith listening ... paying close attention to the world around us
34. Originality—Being Authentic and Innovative.
35. Integrity—Doing the Right Thing.
36. Courage—Standing Up For What We Believe</li></li></ul><li>. <br />Threats<br />The threats that Levi’s faces are the competitors. <br /><ul><li>PepeJeans