View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
3) Science Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.
3) Science Isaiah 40:21-22 Do you not know? Do you not hear? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He [God] who sits above the circle of the earth . . .
4) Prophecy He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:3-5, 7, 12 About 750 years before Jesus was crucified
4) Prophecy Messianic prophecies Historical prophecies Ezekiel 26:4, 14 foretells destruction of Tyre
5) Archeology Finding Tyre Findinginscription with“House of David”
6) Coherancy Coher-what? This means it all fits together and matches up 66 books Approximately 40 authors Written over 1,600-2,000 years
“God-Breathed” Who wrote the Bible? 2 Peter 1:20-21 – Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
“God-Breathed” Inspiration – The Bible is God’s Very Word God recorded His very Words by using the human writers Does NOT mean… The authors very inspired and decided to write the Bible God dictated to them the words to write
“All scripture” Proverbs 30:5 - Every word of God proves true . . . Does NOT mean… Only some parts of the Bible are true Just the main ideas are inspired
Doctrines Inspiration – God used humans to write His exact and perfect Word Inerrancy ...? Preservation ...?
Inerrancy TheBible is true and has no errors or mistakes John 17:17 - . . . Your [God’s] Word is truth.
Preservation Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my [Jesus speaking] words will not pass away. 1 Peter 1:24 For “all flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers and the flower falls, but the Word of the Lord remains forever.” . . . Preservation – God has kept His Word and will continue to keep His Word. It has not been lost.