8. 1) Manuscripts There are a lot less Old Testament manuscripts But that’s because the Jewish people burned any manuscript with an error So, they are super accurate
9. 1) Manuscripts
10. 2) History
11. 3) Science Job 26:7  He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.
12. 3) Science Isaiah 40:21-22  Do you not know? Do you not hear? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He [God] who sits above the circle of the earth . . .
13. 4) Prophecy He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed.  Isaiah 53:3-5, 7, 12  About 750 years before Jesus was crucified
14. 4) Prophecy Messianic prophecies Historical prophecies  Ezekiel 26:4, 14 foretells destruction of Tyre
15. 5) Archeology Finding Tyre Findinginscription with“House of David”
16. 6) Coherancy Coher-what? This means it all fits together and matches up 66 books Approximately 40 authors Written over 1,600-2,000 years
17. 7) FAITH
18. “God-Breathed” Who wrote the Bible? 2 Peter 1:20-21 – Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
19. “God-Breathed” Inspiration – The Bible is God’s Very Word  God recorded His very Words by using the human writers Does NOT mean…  The authors very inspired and decided to write the Bible  God dictated to them the words to write
20. “All scripture” Proverbs 30:5 - Every word of God proves true . . . Does NOT mean…  Only some parts of the Bible are true  Just the main ideas are inspired
21. Doctrines Inspiration – God used humans to write His exact and perfect Word Inerrancy ...? Preservation ...?
22. Inerrancy TheBible is true and has no errors or mistakes John 17:17 - . . . Your [God’s] Word is truth.
23. Preservation  Matthew 24:35  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my [Jesus speaking] words will not pass away. 1 Peter 1:24  For “all flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers and the flower falls, but the Word of the Lord remains forever.” . . .  Preservation – God has kept His Word and will continue to keep His Word.  It has not been lost.
24. Review Game!
25. Teams! Red Blue Green Orange Chestnut Wildcat Woodchuck WeaselSugar Maple Bayberry Beech Silver Maple Wolf Cherry Cedar Skylark Basswood Birch Butternut 
26.  How many New Testament manuscripts do we have?  1,000-2,000  3,000-4,000  5,000-6,000  10,000+
27.  What are the Dead Sea Scrolls?
28.  What was one of the scientific proofs I gave for the Bible being true?
29.  Who was the Jewish historian who recorded history around the time of Jesus?
30.  We talked about how the Bible has many prophecies that have come true. Can you name one that we talked about?
31.  Archeology has discovered lots of stuff that has proved the Bible is true? Can you name one of the discoveries I mentioned.
32.  Canyou remember how many books are in the Bible?
33.  About how many authors wrote part of the Bible?
34.  We can give all the evidences in the world to show the Bible is true, but ultimately we need to have this…