1. Current Events
Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
By: Ms. King
2. Food for Thought?
1. What facts do you know (or think you know) about
the Affordable Care Act also known as Obamacare?
2. Do you support or oppose the law? Why?
3. What questions do you have about it? What don’t
Video 1: Is this video for or against Obamacare?
Video 2: Is this video for or against Obamacare?
4. Bias=prejudice in favor of or against one thing,
person, or group compared with another, usually in a
way considered to be unfair.
5. Obamacare is very
Nearly half of Americans support Obamacare while the other half
does not. The opposition is gaining traction due to the failed
6. What does Oprah have to say??
7. In your notebook…
8. Your Task
Read both articles
As you read, highlight words you do not know, along
with important points
Fill out graphic organizer as you go along
When you have finished the reading and graphic
organizer, wait for instructions…
9. Create a Flyer
Once you have read both articles, begin construction of
a flyer either: A.) In support of Obamacare B.)
Flyer should include:
1. Two questions and answers
2. A picture (preferably drawn)
3. One relevant quote
10. Sample Flyer
“Patients will no longer be subject to
lifetime dollar limits on their coverage.”
11. Links to Articles
“Millions of Poor Are Left Uncovered by Health Law”
“The Pros of Obamacare”
“Pro and Cons of Obamacare”