Introduction to Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
by Kimmy Chen, Project Manager at University of British Columbia on Feb 23, 2009
- 20,073 views
Introduction to project portfolio management ...
Introduction to project portfolio management
PPM is generally defined as a strategic, mission driven, dynamic decision making process whereby a business list of active projects is constantly updated and revised [Cooper 2001].
Pillars of PPM
- Organization (Executive support, PMO, steering committees)
- Processes (Project feasibility to Project Acquisition)
- Technology (Repository, Document management, Knowledge management)
Benefits of PPM
- Right selection of projects
- Alignment with strategic goals
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views