1. Unit 3 The Million Pound Bank Note Warming up and Reading
2. Name: Han Lintao English Name: Alex Han School: Shandong Normal University Website:http://kidboy1988.viviti.com
3. Preparation <ul><li>One pencil </li></ul><ul><li>One blank paper </li></ul><ul><li>Text book </li></ul><ul><li>Proweful brain </li></ul><ul><li>TA(teacher assistant) </li></ul><ul><li>4 Ss in a group </li></ul><ul><li>One number per Student </li></ul>
4. … … … … A3 … … A2 H1 G1 F1 E1 D1 C1 B1 A1
5. Task 1: Read the passage about MT in 30s Task 2: Fill in the blanks in 30s
6. Along the Mississippi River Place where he grew up Hannibal,Missouri Birthplace November 30 th ,1835 Birth Date The water is 2 fathoms deep Meaning of his pen name Samuel Langhorne Clemens Real Name Notes
7. His famous stories <ul><li>The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) ( 汤姆 · 索亚历险记） </li></ul><ul><li>The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1894 ）（哈克贝利 · 费恩历险记） </li></ul>
9. What would you do with it？
10. Alex Han will build schools for poor children.
11. Two rich gentlemen made a bet on what would happen to a person if he was given a million pound note. Henry, the hero of the story, an American young man, sailed too far, drifted out to the ocean. A British ship, for London, passing by, fortunately saved him. So he was now in London. Tired, hungry and pennliless…
12. Defaut: Henry Roderick Oliver servant,narrator
13. Task 3: After finish reading, answer the questions as a group. Write your answers down. Choose a representative to answer T's questions.
14. Questions: <ul><li>1. Where does Henry Adams come from?Does he know much about London? </li></ul><ul><li>2. What did he do in America? </li></ul><ul><li>3. Why do you think that the brothers chose Henry for their bet? </li></ul><ul><li>4.What kind of person do you think Henry is? Why do you think so? </li></ul><ul><li>5.How he feels when they seem happy that he has no money? </li></ul><ul><li>6.How he feels when they tell him there is money in it? </li></ul>
15. Homework <ul><li>Act the play out with classmates and perform it next class </li></ul><ul><li>Learn the useful new words and expressions in this part by heart </li></ul>