Bill of Rights, Legislative/Executive/Judicial, 6, Biden, 18
High taxes/quartering/no self-government, July 4, 1776, April 15, Louisiana Territory, California/Texas/Arizona/New mexico
2 Resources that helped the US
1. Raw Materials
2. Labor force
– Companies wanted to hire immigrants because
they worked for less and didn’t complain
• Temporary stopover for incoming immigrants
• Had to look healthy enough to hold a job and
they had money to reach distant destinations
1. What do we call the first 10 amendments to
2. Name one branch or part of the government.
3. We elect a US Senator for how many years?
4. What is the name of the Vice-President of
the United States now?
5. How old do citizens have to be to vote for
6. Why did colonists fight the British?
7. When was the Declaration of
8. When is the last day you can send in
federal income tax forms?
9. What territory did the United States
buy from France in 1803?
10.Name one state that borders
• Homestead Act of 1862
– Gave families 160 acres
– Had to build 12x12 house with well and live there
Morrill Land Grant of 1862
• Gave states 30,000 acres of land for each
representative for educational purposes.
• Texas A&M and University of Arkansas came
out of this
Oklahoma Land Rush
• April 22, 1889 Indian Territory was opened up
to Oklahoma settlers
• Boomers – people that made their way to the
• Sooners – people that jumped the gun and
illegally made their claim