View applicant's full resume..docDocument Transcript
ERIC J. SCHLINGLOFF
SUMMARY Accomplished Private Equity professional with extensive experience in all phases of Client Relationship
Management and Private Equity Fund Administration. A conscientious and committed executive with
managerial experience who develops strong working relationships and is results-oriented. Expertise includes
client relationship management with an exceptional track record in Private Equity client reporting. Personable
and detail-oriented, with strong written and oral communication skills.
EXPERIENCE BLOOMBERG L.P., Skillman, NJ 2008-present
Bloomberg is the leading global provider of financial data, news and analytics. The BLOOMBERG
PROFESSIONAL service and Bloomberg’s media services provide real-time and archived financial and
market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools in a single, integrated package to corporations,
news organizations, financial and legal professionals and individuals around the world.
Senior Consultant (Contract assignment)
Contracted to help increase exposure to the new Capital Structure (CAST) functionality of The
BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service for over 12,000 companies in the Bloomberg database.
• Develops in-depth analyses of company debt obligations, determining appropriate corporate and capital
structures, analyzing financial data on assigned industry sectors and companies and providing insight
into the future development of the product.
• Engages in discussions with corporate clients to collect and improve upon reporting details regarding
corporate and capital structures.
MERRILL LYNCH GLOBAL WEALTH MANAGEMENT, New York, NY 1999-2008
Merrill Lynch’s Global Wealth Management (GWM) group is one of the leading providers of a broad range
of both proprietary and third-party wealth management products and services globally to individuals, small-
and mid-size businesses and employee benefit plans. The GWM group services over 5,000 high net worth
clients invested in Merrill Lynch sponsored private equity feeder funds with $5-10 billion in committed
Vice President/Manager—Investment & Wealth Management Group--Private Equity 2005-2008
Managed the Private Equity Client Reporting/Fund Accounting Group for Merrill Lynch Alternative
Investments. This included the oversight of the Client Reporting and Fund Accounting functions for over 40
Global Wealth Management private equity feeder funds.
• Managed a team of Private Equity professionals. This included providing oversight of the reporting and
fund accounting functions, as well as coordinating other private equity support groups, such as
Operations, Shareholder Services, Fund Origination and outsourced vendors to ensure the highest level
of client service.
• Developed and managed relationships with external private equity fund managers, as well as with
internal Private Wealth Managers and Financial Advisors to gauge the level and focus of resources for
best-in-class Client Servicing.
• Directed the re-alignment of the Private Equity Client Reporting Group under Sales and Fund
Origination within the Investment & Wealth Management Group, which resulted in improved lines of
communication within the Financial Advisor servicing model and, in turn, improved client service.
• Initiated Special Projects targeted to improving the Client and Financial Advisor experience for Private
Equity investments (hosting regularly scheduled Fund conference calls; instituting expense reduction
initiatives; enhancing the client statement presentation and quarterly report format; and improving the
user-friendliness of the private equity website), which increased Fund transparency.
• Ensured compliance for processes requiring timely and accurate delivery of client communications
including; capital call notices, distribution notices, quarterly investor reports, Net Asset Value
calculations and tax information.
• Led the team through a departmental re-structuring that resulted from the merger of Merrill Lynch
Investment Managers and BlackRock. The re-structured group was able to successfully accommodate
25% more volume with 25% fewer resources, while maintaining excess capacity for future growth with a
seamless impact to client service.
• Directed oversight of outsourced vendors, Bisys, PFPC, and Deloitte & Touche, for monitoring of
general ledger, cash receipts and disbursements, expense processing, cash summaries, payable
Eric J. Schlingloff page 2 of 2
summaries, quarterly investment summaries, and Financial Statement preparation and Audit, K-1
preparation and Tax processing.
Vice President/Client Reporting--Alternative Investments Group
Executed all processes in client reporting for 19 Private Equity Funds, comprising approximately $1.7 billion
in committed capital for more than 1,500 high net worth clients.
• Performed ongoing due diligence, researching and analyzing fund portfolio investments and strategies;
attending private equity fund quarterly/annual meetings; and communicating with fund managers; thus
ensuring compliance with Partnership Agreements and Private Placement Memorandums.
• Wrote quarterly investment reports that highlighted portfolio investments and performance, which
increased transparency to the investors.
• Conducted conference calls and in-person meetings with Financial Advisors and their high net worth
clients to explain Fund strategies and performance, which enhanced client satisfaction and facilitated
future potential revenue for the private equity product category.
• Monitored the cash needs of each fund to determine capital call and cash distribution schedules, which
contributed to maximizing internal rates of return.
MERRILL LYNCH ASSET MANAGEMENT, Plainsboro, NJ
Merrill Lynch’s Asset Management Group was one of the largest active asset managers in the world.
Research Analyst—Private Portfolio Group (1998 Summer Internship)
• Monitored and researched equities for the buy-side in the healthcare sector of a $2 billion portfolio
• Exchanged ideas with other analysts for supplementary insight into potential portfolio additions
• Developed Excel spreadsheet models to screen positions for the monitoring and researching processes
• Presented healthcare stocks to the portfolio manager which were added as choices to the model
PNC BROKERAGE (Formerly Chemical Investor Services), Clinton, NJ
• Senior Investment Consultant
MERRILL LYNCH, Private Client Group, Short Hills, NJ 1992-93
• Senior Financial Consultant
HIBBARD BROWN & COMPANY, INC., Woodbridge, NJ
• Branch Manager (1991-92)
• Account Executive (1989-91)
DUN & BRADSTREET, Business Credit Services Division, Murray Hill, NJ 1985-89
• Sales Representative (1987-89)
• Senior Account Analyst/Financial Analyst (1985-87)
EDUCATION RUTGERS GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT—Newark, NJ May 1999
MBA, Finance--GPA 3.7/4.0
Beta Gamma Sigma—National Business Honor Society
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE—Newark, DE January 1985
BS Business Administration, Finance, Dean’s List
• Private Equity Conferences sponsored by the Yale School of Management (2004-2007) and Dow Jones &
Company (Buyouts East)
• Merrill Lynch Vice President Development Program
• Series 7 Licensed—currently active
VOLUNTEER Committee Member, Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Brittle Bone Disease) Foundation 2002-present
ACTIVITIES Teacher in Creative Writing, Matheny School & Hospital, Peapack, NJ 1995-96