2. Todays Goals• Google Analytics: what is it?• Google analytics setup and configuration?• Google analytics internal map/how to use it?
3. What is ?"Google Analytics is a full-featured, powerfulanalytics package.“Track usage, entry points, searches, etc. via aweb based interface. Reports can be viewed,emailed and exported.This free version is limited to 5 millionpageviews a month
4. What is ?• Free service offered by Google• The most widely used website statistics service*• Provides statistics and reports about visitors and transactions on a website• At-a-glance dashboard view as well as detailed reports
5. Brief History of Google Analytics• Developed from Urchin – acquired April 2005• Publically available to all users since August 2006• Current tag rolled out in late 2007• Major upgrades in Q4 in 2008, 2009
6. What does it do?Google Analytics is a powerful tool that analyzes:• Website traffic – Where visitors came from – How they are navigating through your site • How they navigated from page to page • Which pages they stayed on longest or left from the most frequently (“bounce rate”)• Conversions• E-commerce – Volume of transactions – Dollar value of transaction – Success of transactions • % complete and % dropped out of sales funnel• AdWords Performance
7. How does Google Analytics work?• Establish a User ID and password at google.com/analytics• Google then provides a “page tag” or Google Analytics Tracking Code that needs to be added to each page of a website• This tag collects data and sends it back to the Google servers for processing
8. • Google Analytics Setup And configuration
9. Getting Started – What you need:• A Google Account – http://google.com/accounts• A website• Access to your website’s code (or CMS in some cases)
10. Creating a GA account• Login to http://www.google.com /analytics
11. General Information• URL & Account Name beyond the pageview: whats going on with your dynamic content?
12. Contact Information• Enter proper contact information
35. Implementing E-commerce tracking• Activate E-commerce tracking in profile• Add code below GATC• Extra reports• Data from transaction needs to be transfered to GA• urchin.js vs. GA.js