Nama Kelompok 2 :1. Danny Adriansyah2. Dina Afifa Rafi3. Fajar Ramadhan4. Fatma Fatimah
Narrative text is a kind of text toretell the story that past tense. Thepurpose of the text is to entertainthe readers or listeners about thestory.
Orientation : It set the scene and introduce the participants (it answers the question : who, when, what, and where). Complication : Tells the problems of the story and how the main characters solve them. Resolution : The crisis is revolved, for better or worse. Re-orientation : The ending of the story.
Biasanya diawali dengan keterangan waktu. Sebagai berikut :1. once upon a time, once, one day, one afternoon dan lain-lain. keterangan waktunya tidak menyatukan waktu tertentu (specific time).2. specific participant. tokoh yang ada dalam cerita adalah bersifat tertentu, tidak bersifat umum. misalnya : cinderella, the king, the farmer, jack.3. penggunaan adjective (kata sifat) untuk memperjelas noun (kata benda). misalnya digunakan untuk ungkapan berikut : a beautiful lady, an old man, a poor widow dll.
5. Memakai pola kalimat simple past tense. pola kalimat yang digunakan adalah simple past karena menceritakan peristiwa yang terjadi diwaktu lampau. namun tidak menutup kemungkinan menggunakan bentuk tense lain misalnya simple present yang dipakai pada kalimat langsung.6. Time conjunction / penghubung waktu. untuk menghubungkan alur satu dengan yang lain menjadi runut dan mudah diikuti. conjunction yang sering dipakai adalah : when, then, suddenly, next dll.
7. Action verbs. terdapat kata kerja yang menunjukkan sebuah kegiatan (aktifitasnya bisa dilihat) misalnya : run, sleep, walk, cut dll.8. Direct and indirect speech / kalimat langsung dan tak langsung. untuk membuat cerita terasa lebih hidup, digunakan pola kalimat ini agar terlihat ungkapan pembicaranya (to show the real word of speaker).
CINDERELLA Once upon a time, there was a young girl namedCinderella. She lived with her step mother and two stepsisters. The step mother and sisters were conceited and badtempered. They treated Cinderella very badly. Her stepmother made Cinderella do the hardest works in thehouse; such as scrubbing the floor, cleaning the pot andpan and preparing the food for the family. The two stepsisters, on the other hand, did not work about thehouse. Their mother gave them many handsomedresses to wear.
One day, the two step sister received an invitationto the ball that the king’s son was going to give at thepalace. They were excited about this and spent somuch time choosing the dresses they would wear. Atlast, the day of the ball came, and away went thesisters to it. Cinderella could not help crying afterthey had left. “Why are crying, Cinderella?” a voice asked. Shelooked up and saw her fairy godmother standingbeside her, “because I want so much to go to the ball”said Cinderella. “Well” said the godmother,”you’vebeen such a cheerful, hardworking, uncomplaininggirl that I am going to see that you do go to the ball”.
Magically, the fairy godmother changed a pumpkininto a fine coach and mice into a coachman and twofootmen. Her godmother tapped Cinderella’s rageddress with her wand, and it became a beautiful ballgown. Then she gave her a pair of pretty glass slippers.“Now, Cinderella”, she said : “You must leave beforemidnight”. Then away she drove in her beautifulcoach. Cinderella was having a wonderfully good time. Shedanced again and again with the king’s son. Suddenlythe clock began to strike twelve, she ran toward thedoor as quickly as she could. In her hurry, one of herglass slipper was left behind.
A few days later, the king’ son proclaimed thathe would marry the girl whose feet fitted the glassslipper. Her step sisters tried on the slipper but itwas too small for them, no matter how hard theysqueezed their toes into it. In the end, the king’spage let Cinderella try on the slipper. She stuckout her foot and the page slipped the slipper on.It fitted perfectly. Finally, she was driven to the palace. Theking’s son was overjoyed to see her again. Theywere married and live happily ever after
Once there was a farmer from Laos. Everymorning and every evening, he ploughed hisfield with his buffalo. One day, a tiger saw the farmer and hisbuffalo working in the field. The tiger was verysurprised to see a big animal listening to a smallanimal. The tiger wanted to know more aboutthe big animal and the small animal. After the man went home, the tiger spoke tothe buffalo; “you are so big and strong. Why doyou do everything the man tells you?” Thebuffalo answered; “oh, the man is veryintelligent”.
The tiger asked; “can you tell me how intelligenthe is?”. “No, I can’t tell you”, said the buffalo; “butyou can ask him”. So the next day the tiger asked to the man; “Can Isee your intelligence?”. But the man answered; “itat home”. “Can you go and get it?” asked the tiger.“Yes” said the man; “but I am afraid you will killmy buffalo when I am gone. Can I tie you to atree?”. After the man tied the tiger to the tree, he didn’tgo home to get his intelligence. He took his ploughand hit the tiger. Then he said; “Now you knowabout my intelligence even you haven’t seen it. THE END
A stupid man was sent by his father to sellsalt. He first went to a mining area but nobodythere wanted his salt. When he returnedhome, his father told him that if he had helpedthe miners to dig, they would have bought hissalt. The man next went to a house where awedding was taking place. There he dug a hugehole. This made the people angry and theychased him away. When he returned home, hisfather told him that if he had beaten a drumand danced instead, the people there wouldhave bought salt from him.
Then, he went to a village where there happenedto be a fire. Rushing to the place, he starteddrumming and dancing, only to be thrown out bythe people. His father told him that he should havepoured water on the fire instead, if he wanted tosell salt there. In the next place he went to, a couple werefighting with each other. The foolish man poured abucketful of water on them, again to be chasedaway. His father later told him that he should havetried to settle the quarrel, in which case they wouldhave bought salt from him. In the final event, the man saw two bullsfighting with each other. He stepped in to stop thefight and was gored to death by angry bulls. THE END
1. Orientation → it means to introduce the participants or the characters of the story with the time and place set. Orientation actually exists in every text type though it has different term. In this story, the first paragraph is clearly seen to introduce the participants of the Cinderella Story. They were Cinderella her self as the main character of the story, her step mother which treated Cinderella badly, and her steps sister which supported her mother to make Cinderella was treated very badly. Cinderella was introduced as a hero in this story. She struggled against the bad treatment from her step mother and sisters.
2. Complication → it is such the crisis of the story. If there is not the crisis, the story is not a narrative text. In a long story, the complication appears in several situations. It means that some time there is more then one complication. In this Cinderella story, we can see clearly that there are Major Complication and Minor Complication. The second paragraph is the major complication of this Cinderella story. Cinderella got bad treatment from her stepmother. It is the bad crisis which drives into several minor complications which Cinderella has to overcome.
3. Resolution → it is the final series of the events which happen in the story. The resolution can be good or bad. The point is that it has been accomplished by the characters. Like complication, there are Major Resolution and Minor Resolution. In the last paragraph, it is said that finally Cinderella lived happily. It is the happy resolution of the bad treatment.