FUN GAMES FOR INFANTS! (Improving Physical Azam Bainun Development) Khairunnisa Shireen
1. TUMMY TIME!!!Tummy time provides infants the chance to improve neck and upper-body strength while improving visual tracking.It also requires balance as the baby lifts herself off the floor.Place your baby on her tummy with a soft blanket beneath her.Surround her with several colourful toys.
Get down on the floor with your child and encourage her to reach for her toys.Hold a toy and move it so your baby can practice visually tracking the object.
2. SENSORY BOTTLES Collect several empty plastic bottles. Fill the bottles with various materials, such as a rice, beans or a small amount of water. Sit with your baby and help him roll the bottles. Encourage him to shake and maneuver each of the bottles. The sensory bottles can be used during tummy time as well. As your baby grows, encourage him to roll the bottles on the floor and scoot after them.
3. STACKINGStacking objects improves a babys hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills.Use a ring stacking toy with your baby to practice stacking, or find other objects around the house that allow for stacking.Choose objects that are large enough for your baby to grab.
Plastic bowls or large blocks work well for the stacking activity.Show your child how to stack the objects. Encourage her to stack the objects, assisting her as needed.
4. TEARING PAPERSTearing paper is appealing to children of all ages.Provide your infant with an old magazine or other paper.Show him how to tear the pages in the magazine. Tearing allows babies to work on their gross motor skills while exploring cause and effect.
5. DRUMMINGUse a drum to allow your infant to improve physical development. Purchase a childs drum or make your own from a coffee can.Help your infant bang on the drum with her hands.Sing a song while your baby bangs on the drum.
The drumming activity allows your baby to practice coordination, learn about rhythm and aids in physical development.
6. THROUGH THE TUNNELWhen babies start to crawl, their area of “exploration” is bigger.Providing a “tunnel” for babies to crawl in helps you in monitoring their movements.It is good for muscles development, as well as safe for babies.