How Do Sports Injuries Effect
November 29, 2010
Sports injuries are injuries received
while playing sports.
Over 3.8 million injuries occur annually.
What are common sports injuries?
• Overuse injuries such as:
• Also traumatic injuries like:
– Broken bones
What ages and genders get the most
• 11-18 year olds get injured the most
• Both genders get injured
What sports are most likely to cause
How Long Does it Take to Recover?
• Depending on the injury it may take 4 to 12
• More serious injuries may take months or
even years to fully recover.
What are common treatments for
• Physical therapy
Career: Sports Doctor
• The career I chose is a Sports doctor
• A Sports Doctor makes $166,000 annually but
can make more.
• Jobs in the US are increasing.
• Related careers are things such as: a
Podiatrist, Physical Therapist, and
University of Maryland
• Located in College Park MD
• It costs $8,414 per year
• The program I chose is Physiology and
• Requires math, science, chemistry, biology,
• Community service I have done is:
1. Donated food to the MD food bank.
2. Donated money to various charities.
3. Swam over 300 laps to raise money for the CAA
Clegg fund for swim lessons for disadvantaged
4. Walked for NAMI
5. Donated toiletries for the troops