1. SATURDAY, FEB. 2Meet at KGIC at 10amWe will take the Ferry.Visit the market and the Art GalleryFree Activity $5 Promise FeeDue Friday, Feb. 1
2. Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 1:00pm
3. Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 4:00pm Please sign up by February 1st to confirm the reservation. You will pay yourself. $35 + tax and tip (not including drink)
4. Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 3:30pm Just Sign Up! Meet at 3:15pm It’s Free! Leave KGIC at 3:30pmBring your ID card to borrow skates. Borrow skates. Know your shoe size! Public Skate: 4-6pm Wear warm clothes.
5. Friday, February 8, 2013 at 2:00pm Let’s learn from KGIC students!
6. SnowshoeingSunday, February 10, 2013 at 1:00pm
7. Snowshoeing Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 1:00pm Rent Snowshoes from Ideal Bikes Meet at KGIC at 1pm Put on the snowshoes Take the #9 bus to Take a nature walk $12 Point Pleasant Parkby Friday, Feb 8th at 4pm Take pictures
8. Make-a- ValentineSubmit your valentine to Melanie on Wednesday, February 13th Winner will be announced on Valentine’s Day at lunch. ♥ Make a card. ♥ Make a gift. ♥ Write a poem. ♥ Write a song.Melanie will be available for help on Monday and Tuesday at 3pm. ♥ Popular Phrases ♥ Traditional Poems ♥ Craft ideas Happy Valentines Day
9. Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 1:00pm Join us for a word game! Connect letters to make words. Some letters are worth more points. Increase your vocabulary and spelling skills!
10. Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 3:30pm Just Sign Up! Meet at 3:15pm It’s Free! Leave KGIC at 3:30pmBring your ID card to borrow skates. Borrow skates. Know your shoe size! Public Skate: 4-6pm Wear warm clothes.
11. Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:00pm Flamenco is traditional music and dance from Spain. Alderney Landing $25 Deadline: February 6, 2013 Meet at KGIC at 7pm. Take the Ferry. Performance starts at 8pm. ~Special Valentine’s Day Activity~
12. Friday, February 15, 2013 at 2:00pm Learn how to curl! A native Canadian sport played on ice. $25 Deadline: February 8, 2013Includes equipment and facility rental, and instruction Meet at 2pm – Take the bus – Play at 3pm
13. Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 1:00pm Play any card that is the same colour OR the same number/card. Don’t forget to say “UNO” when you have one card left!
14. Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 4:00pm Movie Fun with Dick and Jane is a comedy Night at starring a famous KGIC Canadian actor, Jim Carrey!Starts @ 4pm Let’s watch the movie and eat popcorn together!FREE Please Sign Up!
15. Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:00pmQ Smokehouse & Southern Barbeque Please sign up by February 12th to confirm your reservation. You will pay yourself. $25 + tax and tip (not including drink)
16. Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:00amSki Trip: Wentworth, NS Ski Wentworth is about 2 hours from Halifax. It is more popular than Ski Martock.
17. Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:00am • Meet at KGIC at 8:30am • Bus leaves Halifax at 9am • Make a lunch/snack for the bus ride! Get yourequipment! Meet your teacher and have a lesson.
18. Friday, February 22, 2013 at 9:00amWinter Fun in Nova Scotia
19. Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 2:00pm February is African Heritage Month We will visit the Halifax Public Library on Spring Garden Road to watch a musical play about Maurice Ruddick. Maurice was a black man working in the Springhill Coal Mine when it collapsed. Many people were killed or injured, including Maurice. Many men were trapped for 8 days in the mine before they were saved. Meet at KGIC at 2pm. Performance begins at 3pm. FREE $5 Promise Fee
20. Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 4:30pm Melanie will give you a list of questions. You will have 45 minutes to find as many answers as you can! Winner(s) will get a prize!
21. Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 1:00pm • Am I alive? • Am I an animal? • Am I a bird? • Am I a chicken!?! • Am I alive? • Am I furniture? • Can I move? • Am I bigger than a house? • Am I alive? • Can I breathe? • Am I Blue? Orange? Red? • Can you eat me?
22. Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:00pm
23. Friday, March 1, 2013 at 1:00pm Say the word. “Orange” Spell the word. “O-R-A-N-G-E” Say the word. “Orange”Expand your vocabulary ~ Increase you Spelling Skills ~ Practice speaking Two Winners! Group 1 = Level 1 and 2 (Communication) 1 Group 2 = Level 3 and 4 (Communication) 2 Prepare in you Communications Class Competition Starts at 1pm on Friday!