Contract Demand Card Hoboken
- 573 views
For your convenience, here they are. Hoboken NJ Collective bargaining agreement negotiations are expected to begin the week of January 26th. Please help us get the kind of givebacks that will be ...
For your convenience, here they are. Hoboken NJ Collective bargaining agreement negotiations are expected to begin the week of January 26th. Please help us get the kind of givebacks that will be meaningful in making a dent in your real estate taxes:
1) “Right size” govt. Reduce number of workers per best practices determined by outside professionals.
2) Share benefits premiums - municipal workers must pay a portion of a High Deductible Medical premiums.
3) Eliminate 'special' vacation days (Christenings, Bar Mitzvahs, Weddings, etc.). - All vacation must be deducted from the employee's regular vacation balance.
4) Eliminate the ability to accrue unused vacation and overtime towards retirement. Limit sick days to 10 per year.
5) Re-structure Management Pay - Employees with managerial responsibility must work 10 hours of overtime at the regular rate before they are paid time and a half.
6) Re-structure tuition reimbursement -Tuition re-imbursement will only be granted for degrees that will enhance employees' performance in their current job. The employee must give the town 3 years of service after degree completion or they have to pay back the reimbursement.
7) Require all departments which consider full time less than 40 hours a week to bring their work week to a minimum of 40 hours.
8) Require full adherence to Hoboken's Expense Policy and Procedures. Lack of adherence, whether deliberate or accidental, is grounds for immediate termination.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views