• Professors have to learn new
tools to integrate and apply in
course lessons as well as in
assignments, projects, and
• HUGE pressure to be innovative,
strategic, and relevant for
students and profession.
• Porter et al (2014) mentioned that
the role of this new blended
learning environment for higher
education courses is considered
to be “the new normal” (p. 185).
• Balancing theory and practice a
• Sparks innovation
• Course narrative
• New tool & medium
• Storytelling from your
For Students For Professors
• Theoretical Applications and Discussions
• Discussions on human/social interactions / social identity
• Implications towards relationship management
• Perception [Attribution Theory] of Glass Explorers -
Reputation Management & Influence
• Uses and Gratification
• Creative Brainstorming Sessions [Preliminary - all courses]
• Strategic Briefs for PR initiatives [Social Media Course]
• Capturing soundbites, statements, and interviews for press
releases and media kits [StratComm Writing Course]
• POV Glass Stories [Personal Story, Day-in-the-life of an
Intern/PR pro & professor, Emotional Experience targeted in
[primary + IRB]
• Google Glass Etiquette
• Construct etiquette to add to social media and/or mobile application
policy for brands.
• Discuss do’s & don’ts when using Google Glass
• Case Studies involving Google Glass
• Kenneth Cole
• NBA Teams [Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers], Medical Schools,
Businesses [Virgin Airlines]
• Legal Cases [Driving, Bars, Restaurants, etc]
• POV [Point of View Exercises]
• Record Lectures from Professor’s Point of View [POV]
• POV Record Speeches, Presentations, and Guest Lectures [*Permission]
• POV Press Conferences [Media Training, Crisis Communications, Event
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
• Role as a mentor / ambassador, not just an explorer.
• Shared applied experiences with others key for innovation.
• Still has a learning curve as new cards and apps come up.
• Obligation to share story, POV, and technology with others.
• Experimentation is paying off with Google Glass.
• Google Glass is just the beginning [Oculus Rift, etc].