View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Meet Your Digital Personal Trainers
• Susan Brake (ED)
• Genevieve Pritchard (Tourism)
• Kelsey Fox (ED)
• Jay Baer (clients in both)
Who Are You?
• Favorite social media channel
Establishing a market presence and
reputation in economic development
and tourism digital and social
Our Core Business
• Optimize, create and upload website content
• Create and distribute e-mail marketing campaigns
• Manage client presence on social mediums
• Specific focus on LinkedIn and Twitter for ED; as well as
leveraging trade shows online
• All channels for Tourism
• Manage client digital ambassador programs
• Search Engine Optimatization
• Online press release distribution, virtual press trips, blogger
• Continue education
Focus on New Business
• Creating templates on each core competency
for staff to insert into proposals
• Including digital tactics in all renewal
• Conducting research into top 25 MSAs digital
• Direct mail campaigns and e-mail marketing
to target key decision makers
Rule One: Write Content Using Our Voice
• Demonstrates Passion for Places
Rule Two: Remember Social Media Policy
1. Be transparent and state that you work at DCI.
2. Never represent yourself, your client or DCI in a false or
3. Don’t spam or leave off-topic or offensive remarks.
4. Use common sense and common courtesy.
5. Refrain from saying anything offensive about a
region—regardless if they are a client or not.
Rule Two Continued
6. When disagreeing with others' opinions, keep it
appropriate and polite.
7. Always take the high road when commenting in any
manner on DCI’s competition.
8. Never comment on anything related to legal matters
DCI or your clients
9. Never participate in social media when the topic being
discussed may be considered a crisis situation.
10. When in doubt, update your privacy settings for your
social network profiles.
Rule Three: Think of our Key
1. DCI is the leader in marketing places
2. DCI is an engaging place of employment that
values its employees
3. DCI employees have a passion for places that
makes the firm the best option for
representation within North America
How You Can Help
• New hires and interns to post content to Twitter
- Post one article of interest on specified day
- Monitor discussions and engage where
• SAEs, AEs and AAEs to post pictures of press
trips, immersions and client events to Facebook
• AS and above to create content for DCI blog and
What to Tweet: Tourism
Tweet industry trends, interesting travel marketing
NY Times Travel
• Example tweet: #Travel is the best medicine, says study:
ow.ly/sy7B3 via @latimestravel @TripAdvisor
What to Tweet: ED
Tweet about industry trends: any major developments in
manufacturing, industry clusters, city related news, etc.
Site Selection Magazine
The Atlantic Cities
• Example tweet: What does a #city need to
foster #innovation? Cafés, bike lanes and 3D printers:
ow.ly/sEmfy #econdev via @bruce_katz
Show Me your 140
Getting the U.S. Work Force Up to Snuff:
There’s been much talk of a U.S. manufacturing renaissance and bringing highpaying jobs back home, i.e., reshoring. However, this “skills gap” must be closed if
manufacturers are to find the skilled workers they need.
The National Association of Manufacturers estimates the gap as representing
600,000 manufacturing jobs — that’s huge! The association proposes a system of
nationally portable, industry-recognized skills certifications to help close the skills
Your Digital Day Is…
Monday = Stanislava
Tuesday = Juliana
• AS, Directors and VPs required to write Places Project blogs
during assigned month
• Take an in-depth look at an innovative marketing
technique places are using.
• Promote current DCI offerings in context of what another
city/state did well/poorly.
• Kelsey/Genevieve to post content on AboutDCI.com
• Kelsey/Genevieve to socialize
• Blogger of the Month