EDU621 Session 8
Last set of tools for the classroom - some are really fun!
• All blog entries due next by last day of class.
• While you look at a few sites, I’ll check in with people.
• Real examples of technology use in classroom
• More tools for the classroom
• bookmark those that interest you
• schoology, word clouds, pinterest
• Course Evaluations
• Four Presentations: Kristen, Shannon, Carly, Brittany
• Please save your powerpoint to slideshare,
then post to your blog on the ning.
• 15 minute presentation
• Detailed written plan on classroom use - about
a page and a half.
First a ning used with 7th
grader studentsfrom the ELA teacher:
It is most commonly used for sharing my flipped
classroom videos as well as a platform for
students to blog and get feedback on their writing.
Right now many kids are posting on the peers'
Defining Moment Personal Narrative blogs and in
the next few weeks we'd like to add a multimedia
piece and start working on digital portfolios.
We, as a teachers, have also tried to use the site
to model effective feedback and the important role
that collaboration plays in the writing process. The
kids very much enjoy that their writing can be
made public and it's built a nice community within
A few blogs by 8th grade
Tell a story with pictures
• Upload pictures
• Make a slide show
• Students can upload projects
• Easy way to share work
• An online visual bookmarking tool called a board
• can add descriptions
• A blog post: Pinterest for Educators
• includes description of what it is
• links to several educator boards
• 16 ways Educators use Pinterest
More on pinterest
• Pinterest - teaching
• a board dedicated for teaching
• And of course... Cybraryman’s page on
The Flipped Classroom
• lectures/ instruction on video
• “work” in class with support
• Flipped Classroom network
• A three part article by “inventors”
• Analyze writing pieces
• Fun display
More Word Clouds
• a little fancier
• A blog post about 9 more word cloud
• Try a few!
Animation from words
• text to audio
• voki for education