3. Mark Pincus founded Zynga in April2007 under the name Presidio Media;the company name changed to Zyngain July 2007. The early supportingfounding team included EricSchiermeyer, Michael Luxton, JustinWaldron, Kyle Stewart, Scott Dale,Steve Schoettler, Kevin Hagan, andAndrew Trader.
4. They received US$29 millionin venture finance fromseveral firms, led byKleiner Perkins Caufield &Byers in July 2008, at whichtime they appointed formerElectronic Arts ChiefCreative Officer Bing Gordonto the board.
5. At that time, they alsobought YoVille, a largevirtual world socialnetwork game. Accordingto the companyswebsite, as of December2009, it had 60 millionunique daily activeusers.
6. ZYNGA was named afteran American bulldognamed Zynga once ownedby Mark Pincus.They usean image of a bulldogas their logo.
7. As of September2010, Zynga hadover 1,200employee.
8. On Feb. 17, 2010, Zyngaopen Zynga india inBangalore, Thecompany’s first officeoutside the UnitedStates.
9. March 18, 2010 –Zynga confirmed thatit will open asecond internationaloffice in Ireland.
10. May 7, 2010 – MichaelArrington of TechCrunchreported that Zynga Wasthreatening to leaveFacebook Altogether in thewake of Facebook’s requiringexclusive use of Facebookcredits for Monetization inapplication.
11. After Facebooknegotiations for havingZynga host its gamessolely on Facebook fellthrough, Facebookretaliated by shuttingoff notifications forseveral Zyngagames, including
12. Plans surfaced for Zynga todistance itself fromFacebook by creating a new"Zynga Live" network, to becalled ZLive. On May18, 2010, Facebook and Zyngaentered into a five-yearrelationship to expand theuse of Facebook Credits inZyngas games.
13. Sheryl Sandberg, COO ofFacebook, was quoted assaying, "We are pleased toenter into a new agreementwith Zynga to enhance theexperience for Facebookusers who play Zynga games."
14. The companies stated theywere testing the use ofFacebook Credits, whichwould allow Facebook toeffectively capture 30% ofany users spending in thegame, and their use would begradually rolled out to allgames.
15. In a May 24, 2011discussion at TechCrunchDisrupt, Arrington andBing Gordon described theincident as the "CubanMissile Crisis of tech".
16. June 3, 2010 –Zynga acquiredchallenge games.
17. October 5, 2010 – Bonfirestudios was acquired byZynga. It was renamed“Zynga Dallas”. TheAcquisition broughtZynga’s workforce to morethan 1,300 employeesworldwide.
18. On December 2, 2010, Zyngaannounced that it acquiredthe Texas-based mobile gamedeveloperNewtoy, Inc., developers ofthe game "Words withFriends",and renamed thestudio to Zynga WithFriends.
19. In December 2010, Zyngasgame CityVille surpassedFarmVille as its mostpopular game with over 61million monthly active usersand a base of over16 million daily activeusers.
20. Zynga has acquired theNew York-based gamedeveloper Area/Code, nowrenamed Zynga New York.
21. In March 2011, Zyngaannounced the acquisition ofthe team from Massachusettsgame developerFloodgate Entertainment. Itwas Zyngas tenthacquisition in ten months.
22. In April 2011, Zyngaannounced theacquisition ofMarketZero, an onlinepoker tracker company
23. In April 2011, the companypartnered with Lady Gaga ina new game offering. In May2011, the company wasreported to be in theprocess of raising anadditional $500 million witha valuation at $10 billion
24. In May 2011, thecompany launched itsmost complicatedgame to date—Empiresand Allies.
25. As of July 1, 2011, thecompany had 2,000 employees.In September 2011, Zyngaannounced that their biggestgame CityVille has made thetransition to google+ afterabout 95% decline in theirprofits.