Make content the centre of your online strategy
How are music brands using content?
Music industry spends £1.9m on content marketing
Use Marus info about music….
Social media is hugely popular in music industry
• 100% of executives agreed that content marketing is important to music
• 62% of all social shares in the music industry are Facebook likes
• Each tweet refers an average of 3.56 visits vs 2.92 for Facebook shares
• Google+ represents less than 0.1% of social network traffic to music
• Case studies and infographics are the most effective form of content
• On average, infographics generate 193% more social shares than blog
• Negative/controversial topics such as piracy, royalties and artist exploitation
drove the most social shares
Infographic / Data Visualisation
User Generated Content
Be prepared to adapt!
Online media has changed…
£5,000 advertising spend at £0.50 per click = 10,000 visits
You don’t need a huge budget!
$4,500 creative video campaign = 10m+ views
Rather than paying to promote average content…
Just create the best content!
Content is all about the audience you can influence
Use Review Content to Improve PPC CTRs
The whole should be greater than the sum of all parts
10 Quick Content Tools
1) Get Blogging
2) Identify Keyword/Content Gaps
3) Find influencers
3) Brainstorm & Research Content Ideas
4) Review Seasonal Topics in Your Niche
5) Find top performing content ideas
6) Hire authors, not copywriters
7) Monitor social conversations
8) Build a Seasonalised Editorial Calendar
9) Create an Action Plan,
Assign Responsibilities & Stick to It!
10) Manage outreach conversations
You need an integrated digital strategy
• Content is the driving force behind high-quality, natural
SEO and traffic generation
• Enterprises have an advantage in their knowledge, people
• Content marketing is the solution for long-term growth,
and relies on the creation and promotion of high-quality