KENNETH A. SAWYER
2 0 7 5 0 N 8 7 t h S t # 2 0 3 9 ∙ S c o t t s da l e , A Z 8 5 2 5 5
(4 8 0 ) 6 6 4 ‐7 1 4 5 ∙ k e nsa wy er @ co x . n et
IT SOLUTIONS IMPLEMENTATION
Goal oriented leader with an excellent skill set in IT Systems and Supply Chain Processes.
Expertise in managing and implementing technology solutions and processes for hundreds of
clients. Initiated the planning and implementation of strategic Supply Chain projects for global
customers. Adept at crisis management, troubleshooting and managing implementation teams.
Experienced in all aspects of Supply Chain functions, MRP, purchasing, planning, logistics, E‐
Commerce systems and team training. Recognized as a solid professional with great character,
interpersonal, communication and training skills. Seeking to be part of a solutions
implementation team, bringing 15+ years of experience and knowledge. Masters Degree.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Process Automation CRM Systems Mgmnt., Implementation
Database Mgmnt., Development MRP Systems Integration
MS Access, Excel, AREV Expert Lean Manufacturing, 5‐S Concepts
E‐Commerce Technologies Project Mgmnt., PowerPoint, Project
Purchasing / Planning Processes Process Design and Training
Inventory Replenishment Systems Team Building and Leadership
• Performed vital role in successful implementation of multi‐million $ Supply Chain and Process
Automation projects with Micron, Flextronics, Stoneridge, Plexus, EPIC, and OnCore.
• Co‐developed and managed numerous Supply Chain projects that significantly increased turns
and reduced inventories up to 70%.
• Supervised teams, and provided process training for extensive inventory automation projects
for Stoneridge, Mack Tech., Ametek, MEC, Woodward, Hach, Schweitzer and Micron.
• Strategically led the “FIRST” software development team in VMI module development project.
• Managed numerous MRP planning / automated release project implementation teams to insure
seamless data exchange with customers and suppliers.
• Collaborated with Supply Chain Managers and IT on large implementation projects resulting in
timely completion and successful project implementation.
• Created and managed a multi‐division business system for small startup. Currently the system
manages 70K+ customers, 200 daily orders, shipments, invoices, with web order tracking.
• Generated significant cost reductions via Supply Chain programs and process changes. Led the
Micron team in producing 1/2 million $ cost savings with Micron.
• Integrated UPS and FedEx systems with customer data to automate 200+ daily shipment transactions.
• Expert operational and analytical problem solving skills in developing custom solutions using
MS Access, Excel, VBA, and AREV.
• Experienced in CRM application roll‐outs and developing processes for successful implementation.
• Southwestern Company ‐ Learned & implemented principles of business management and
KENNETH A. SAWYER Page 2 of 2
FUTURE ELECTRONICS CORP., Phoenix, AZ 2000 – 2008
Supply Chain Solutions Regional Manager
Directed, developed and managed Supply Chain projects and automated solutions for hundreds
of manufacturing companies in the US, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Built strong
relationships with customers by integrating data and automating processes with customer
business systems. Managed MRP Share Planning projects to automate bond quantities and auto
release of product. Insured successful implementations by thorough training and follow‐up.
Responsible for the development of Future’s Inventory Replenishment System Technology
(FIRST) by guiding the development team, and managing project priorities and resources.
VMI Program Implementations E‐Commerce Setup
Bar‐coded POU, Min/Max Replenishment Lean Manufacturing Training Workshops
MRP Share / Auto Release Mapping Custom MS Access, Excel Macros / Reports
Process Training Software development / installation
AED / MOBILEDATA COMMUNICATIONS CORP., Phoenix, AZ 1990 ‐ 2000
Information Systems Director (1997‐2000)
Information Systems Analyst / Manager (1990‐1997)
Hired to oversee the development of Sales Automation Software and integrate Sales &
Marketing data with MRP planning and finance data. Administered Novell and NT Servers,
Fourth Shift MRP system and network infrastructure. Responsible for corporate IT
Infrastructure projects and aligning IT services to meet business needs and growth of the
corporation. Developed, monitored strategic plans, managed resources and budget. Responsible
for managing corporate network projects with specific expertise as follows:
Fourth Shift ERP System Supply Tech EDI Solutions
Novell / NT Server Management Tadiran Telecom System
Inventory Audit Reconciliation Sales / Marketing CRM
SPECIALTY GRAPHICS INC., Phoenix, AZ (part‐time consulting) 1991 ‐ present
Information Systems Consultant
Early in career hired as consultant to be primary developer of a simple order entry application
that has now been expanded into a multi‐division business system. Assist in management of
network servers, routers, firewall security, workstations and backup services.
FOURTH SHIFT CORP., Buenos Aires, Argentina (part‐time consulting) 2000
Information Systems Consultant
Brought on to review and direct the development team of the Accounting localization project
that allowed the ERP system to meet requirements of the Argentinean tax system.
Master of Science, Computer Information Systems (2000)
University of Phoenix ‐ AZ
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (1990)
Grand Canyon University ‐ AZ