1. irregular Small shapeWhen bleedingfrom a woundsuddenly occurs,the platelets gatherat the wound andattempt to blockthe blood flow.A clot begins to form whenthe blood is exposed to air.
2. RED BLOOD CELLSCarry oxygen. Of the 3 types of blood cells, red blood cellsare the most plentiful. In fact, a healthy adult has about 35trillion of them. The body creates these cells at a rate ofabout 2.4 million a second, and they each have a life span ofabout 120 days. Red blood cells are also called erythrocytes.
3. WHITE BLOOD CELL•Ward off infection. These cells, which come in many shapesand sizes, are vital to the immune system. When the body isfighting off infection, it makes them in ever-increasingnumbers. Still, compared to the number of red blood cells inthe body, the number of white blood cells is low. Mosthealthy adults have about 700 times as many red blood cellsas white ones. White blood cells are also called leukocytes
4. A capillary is anextremelysmall blood vessellocatedwithin the tissues ofthe body, thattransportsblood from arteriesto veins. Capillariesare most abundantin tissues and organsthat are metabolicallyactive.
5. Capillaries play an important role in microcirculation.Microcirculation deals with the circulation ofblood from the to arteries,to smallerarterioles,to capillaries,to venules, toveins and backto the
6. Their endothelial linings are only one cell thick. These microvessels, measuring 5-10 μm in diameter, connect arterioles and venules, and enable the exchange of water, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and many other nutrients and waste chemical substances between blood and surrounding tissues.
7. ARTERIES -Elastic blood vessels that carry blood away from heart. -Delivers oxygen and nutrient to the rest of the bodies.
8. CAPILLARIES in the body‑Smallest blood vessels - -Enables the exchange of water, oxygen and carbondioxide. Also, other nutrients and waste chemicalsubstance between blood and surrounding tissues
9. VEINS to the heart-Carries blood-Carries deoxygenated blood from tissues to the heart-Veins are closer to skin that contains valves to keepblood flowing