1. Alice in Australia: Making Digital Stories Kelli McGraw – QUT Slides available at:http://www.slideshare.net/kellimcgraw
2. Tweet it!• I am @kmcg2375• ETAQ is @ETAQLD• Tag your ETAQ event tweets with #ETAQ
3. What is your story?To the person sitting next to you:• What is your name?• What school are you from, or what is your role?• Is digital storytelling popular at your school? How do you know?
4. What is Inanimate Alice? Do have a friend like Brad? you Which way is the right way? What would you do in Alices shoes?
5. What is ‘Digital Storytelling’? Where can I find some digital stories?How can Alice in Australiabe used? Why is it important forstudents to MAKE digital stories?
6. What is‘DigitalStorytelling’?
8. DIGITAL Twitter = newest tweet at top (Therefore read bottom-to-top)Story-telling
9. …more ‘types’
10. Digital fiction types:Digital Digital Digital Digital ‘Born BlendedReplic- Embell- Transfor- Revers- Digital’ Storiesations ishments mations ionings Fiction
11. Where can I findsome DigitalStories?
12. Some ‘Born Digital’ stories• Electronic Literature Collection, Volume 2: http://collection.eliterature.org/2/index.html• two five three (interactive novel): http://www.ryman-novel.com/• Telescopic text (hypertext): http://www.telescopictext.com/• Shopping List (hypertext): http://tracearchive.ntu.ac.uk/hw/groceries/
15. Alice in Australiahttp://inanimatealice.edu.au/stories/1_tilly_and_brad/
16. How can Alicein Australiabe used?
17. Digital Resources • Active online support community • Support from Education Services Australia • EQ ‘Learning Place’ resources underway
18. Digital Assets
19. Alice in Australia & ‘SNAPPY’http://inanimatealice.edu.au/
20. Why is itimportant forstudents to makedigital stories?
21. Create – Design – ProduceMaking digital stories develops…• Higher order thinking e.g. creativity/design• Digital literacy• Problem solving skills via project work• Narrative ‘voice’• Awareness of imagery & symbolism
22. Screen shot of the ‘Snappy’ story creator
23. References & LinksInanimate Alice episodes 1-4:http://www.inanimatealice.com/Alice in Australia & ‘Snappy’ download:http://inanimatealice.edu.au/Inanimate Alice trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf5_kSTsub8Kelli’s digital storytelling resources:http://kmcgraw.wetpaint.com/page/Digital+Storytelling