R. David Thomas Conference CenterPresentation Transcript
R. David Thomas Conference Center Sales & Marketing Action Proposal September 19, 2011 Kelli Barnhart
A brief overview before we begin...
A little extra......
MISSION: The efforts of the sales team must remain consistently centered on increasing local awareness and establishing a solid industry presence. Motivate sales to focus on exceeding established goals, under-utilize marketing budget, and refresh the facility's reputation with industry leaders in order to best ensure a positive impact on the hotel's overall profit. We cannot create “demand”. We can, however, increase our sales at the expense of our competition.
Marketing Strategies aimed at increasing revenue at the expense of our competitive set :
1. Analyze the website information provided on both home webpage as well as partner sites. Evaluate the perceived “benefits picture” presented for the purpose of taking business from our main competitors... WOULD WE CHOOSE US?
2. Increase marketing voice throughout local and national print media avenues – while remaining budget conscious. EXAMPLES:
Press releases (new hires, green initiatives, renovations
Triangle Business Journal
Charlotte Business Journal
NC Visitors Guide
Ask if possible to be a “featured article” !
2. Increase marketing presence via Internet media – while remaining budget conscious.
Duke University's website – banner ad?
Raleigh & Durham CVB sites
Raleigh & Durham Chamber of Commerce sites
Philanthropy Journal – banner ad?
Linked In (resource for recent promotions/send congrats, etc.)
3. Network, Network, Network!!
MPI events (Charlotte)
Volunteer to host events for each at center to promote site features and familarity
People are most likely to buy from someone they know!!
4. Build (corporate) relationships.
Duke alumni associations
Local companies with potential of sales training needs
Analyze competition's accounts and evaluate which would be a good fit for center – how to get foot in door?
5. Review results from all sales activity with team weekly & revise strategies in targeting accounts as needed. Communicate....communicate......and, communicate! !
Customized menus to accommodate dietary restrictions
Accoustically rated walls to prevent sound distractions
All-access wireless internet (guestrooms & meeting rooms)
Set-up fees inclusive in per person pricing
Separate meeting room rental pricing
All meeting rooms free of any pillars or view obstructions
Easy-to-read, one-page invoice
6. Update items listed on website for meeting planner packages:
Skilled, on-site AV technicians available during meetings
A meeting concierge assigned to each on-site meeting planner
Receipt and hold of all boxed items sent prior to meeting planner's arrival
LCD projector, flip-chart and screen provided within all spaces.
(cont.) Update items listed on website for meeting planner packages:
Durham & Greater Raleigh CVB sites
Durham & Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
+ Create weblinks on social media websites – Facebook, Twitter, Four-square, etc. 7. Review and update current “facility/venue referral lists on partner & membership sites: